Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Questions about imac

Default Re: Questions about imac

sorry for my WOLS reply, but...

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    apple show rooms (certified & licensed by apple to be dealers) actually showed non apple certified hardware (viewsonic LCDs, Atec mouse, speakers, etc) running on the macs, in fact for all kinds of macs. legal? displaying them publicly somemore.

so where do u draw the line? for me, as long as u paid for your copy, i dun care how u want to use it, even on an new Amiga computer.
    the keyword in the license is Apple-labeled computer, not Apple-certified. get your facts right.

if you decide to install 3rd party accessories/hardware parts aftersales, that's your own par-sal. it might void the warranty, but it doesn't make it illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu22 View Post
    I intend to get a Mac Pro to surf net too.
    ya, that's why i have two Mac Pros.

you know how it is, when you are surfing and you get hit with a down-time, that totally sucks man.

my other iMac is for Clock. to keep track of time.

Account Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    yes. can.
    Thanks!!!!

I intend to get a Mac Pro to surf net too.
    Yep, you should.

you know how it is, when you are surfing and you get hit with a down-time, that totally sucks man.

I know how you feel, but I see my friend do design and cannot afford one, so I passed him one Mac Pro with 2 30" ACDs lor. Wanted to use as back up, but nevermind, his b'day coming

Cool! Let's get another 30" ACD as mirror!

iMac as clock is good choice. If using other OS, any hang may cause inaccurate time.

Account Suspended

Hmm... and then use iSight to use the 30" as mirror? Hmmm good idea!

iMac as clock is good choice. If using other OS, any hang may cause inaccurate time.
    i have a 30" ACD installed in my bathroom with a Mac Mini attached. i fire up PhotoBooth so i can 1) have a mirror 2) take self-pix whenever i like 3) use the distortion effects to scare unknowing users

sorry for my WOLS reply, but...

the keyword in the license is Apple-labeled computer, not Apple-certified. get your facts right.

if you decide to install 3rd party accessories/hardware parts aftersales, that's your own par-sal. it might void the warranty, but it doesn't make it illegal.
    does the LCD monitor has an apple logo? does the mouse has an apple logo? does the keyboard (underside) has an apple logo? do you acknowledge this as apple labeled? if these things r considered accessories & not part of the apple computer, then can you run it w/o any of the 3 combo? or the definition of the word computer only restricts to the box only?

something has bug me for yrs since i started working on the mac in my co some 6 yrs ago. when users claimed mac displays better graphics, better colours, images look better on the mac, & the images get printed out look the same as whats on the screen. when u do the same on a pc & the print out also look the same as the screen. which print will look better assuming both sys has been calibrated with the same device, say, spyder?

scenario A) mac printout looks better. proofs that mac indeed can reproduce better colour & better for images. but that begs the question of reference. which sys is producing the actual thing? or neither?

scenario B) both printouts look the same. that begs the question of why the mac looked better. or is it juz pychological?

dun get me wrong. this is asked genuinely & on a friendly tone. not picking up any fight or whatsoever. & i still cudn't fig out how the color sync manage colour profiles easier as what Ortega mentioned in another mac thread. i can only do naked eye calibration with it, not the best calibration method i must say.

Account Suspended

i have a 30" ACD installed in my bathroom with a Mac Mini attached. i fire up PhotoBooth so i can 1) have a mirror 2) take self-pix whenever i like 3) use the distortion effects to scare unknowing users
    Wow... you must teach me how to do that?

My other friend also interested in Mac, but his birthday is not coming, should I get him another 2 30" ACD with a 16GB RAM Mac Pro? Haiz...

this thread has degenerated into nonsense, i will lock it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456