Thread: Cold lamination flim

Default Cold lamination flim

Where I buy them from?

Currently I'm using a Japanese brand, however the result is not very good.

Default Re: Cold lamination flim

OYAMA??

please elaborate what do you mean the result is not very good.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

i am looking for cold lamination pouch also.
    actually want to start laminate some favourite photos. but totally no idea where to get the cold lamination pouch. saw some cold lamination pouch from taiwan in internet. but they don't accept order oversea,
    any idea where to get in singapore. roughly how much does it cost? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    OYAMA??

please elaborate what do you mean the result is not very good.
    When I observe the photo under light, I can see very small "bubble" underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by wtswong View Post
    i am looking for cold lamination pouch also.
    actually want to start laminate some favourite photos. but totally no idea where to get the cold lamination pouch. saw some cold lamination pouch from taiwan in internet. but they don't accept order oversea,
    any idea where to get in singapore. roughly how much does it cost? thanks
    I bought some cold lamination pouch, they are from Taiwan. The results are very good. Unfortunately, the sole agent closed down. But I think they do ship to SIN for a min qty needed.

Quote Originally Posted by cchong View Post
    When I observe the photo under light, I can see very small "bubble" underneath.
    Hi, are you using a cold lamination machine? If not, it's really tricky as air bubbles will get in. The other issue you'll get is dust being trapped in between.

Best
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Hi, are you using a cold lamination machine? If not, it's really tricky as air bubbles will get in. The other issue you'll get is dust being trapped in between.

Best
    Wes
    I tried both machine & free hand.

Yes, tiny dusts do get in at times, & I got to "peel" the whole thing off. Really tiring.

I tried both machine & free hand.

Yes, tiny dusts do get in at times, & I got to "peel" the whole thing off. Really tiring.
    Yes, this happens. Back when we were doing it, we got the 'Jet Cleaner 530' airspray from Cathay Photo to clear the print before lamination. We also laminated in a dust free area, away from people walking about. It's a tiring process unfortunately, that's about as much as I can help, sorry. We had no choice but to do it for a couple of years as we had very bad service from 3rd party lamination people.

Best
    Wes
    Last edited by wesley; 3rd May 2007 at 04:36 AM.

DIY is the best option, get it done by others, either it is too ex, or too bad quality.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Yes, this happens. Back when we were doing it, we got the 'Jet Cleaner 530' airspray from Cathay Photo to clear the print before lamination. We also laminated in a dust free area, away from people walking about. It's a tiring process unfortunately, that's about as much as I can help, sorry. We had no choice but to do it for a couple of years as we had very bad service from 3rd party lamination people.

Best
    Wes
    How much does the airspray cost?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    DIY is the best option, get it done by others, either it is too ex, or too bad quality.

I agree. are you also using OYAMA?

vince123123
    Guests

I had an Oyama film and I find it's not that good also, there clarity of the film is a bit weird and there are tiny bubbles - its not those screwed up lamination bubbles as it is nicely laminated using an automated machine. Its those 'inherent' bubbles that can never be removed no matter how well you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I had an Oyama film and I find it's not that good also, there clarity of the film is a bit weird and there are tiny bubbles - its not those screwed up lamination bubbles as it is nicely laminated using an automated machine. Its those 'inherent' bubbles that can never be removed no matter how well you do it.
    Yes. I totally agree, this is wat I've encounter. Sometimes if the photo have a lot of white background, worse.

The photos you laminated, are they matt or glossy? Cos I'm also wondering if that plays a part too.

Oyama has at least 2 types of laminates AFAIK. Well, everyone is still looking around for the best film.

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    Oyama has at least 2 types of laminates AFAIK. Well, everyone is still looking around for the best film.

Have you tried both?

vince123123
    Guests

I laminated glossy - I thought that it would have been better to have a smooth surface to adhere to.

Oyama has tons of different types of laminates actually when I last visited the distributor a couple years ago.

Yes. I totally agree, this is wat I've encounter. Sometimes if the photo have a lot of white background, worse.

The photos you laminated, are they matt or glossy? Cos I'm also wondering if that plays a part too.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I laminated glossy - I thought that it would have been better to have a smooth surface to adhere to.

Oyama has tons of different types of laminates actually when I last visited the distributor a couple years ago.

I see...

I'll be getting another type of laminate flim to try, I hope the results are better!