Thread: Should I be concerned?

Default Should I be concerned?

After using K10D for a couple of months, these band/strip/noise are starting to bug me. I'd email Shriro a simple, they replied it's common (moire). I tend to get it a lot with macros, with or without flash (even with correct exposure). More visable at f11-f13 (normally I don't step down more). Just want to make sure it's common and not due to my K10D.

Criss-cross bokeh with flash(100% cropped)
    M mode f11 1/180 ISO200

Bands with flash(100% cropped) this should be the common band problem.
    Av mode f13 1/125 ISO200

Moire stripes without flash(100% cropped)
    AV mode f2.8 ISO200

Default Re: Should I be concerned?

Nobody has the same problem? If like that I should send mine for servicing liao

i am curious.. have you try out the latest firmware? read elsewhere that it could have solve part of the banding issue?. not sure though...

Quote Originally Posted by seafone View Post
    i am curious.. have you try out the latest firmware? read elsewhere that it could have solve part of the banding issue?. not sure though...
    thanks. I'm having the latest firmware in it. Think I'll send in some day, since no one seems to have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by longko View Post
    After using K10D for a couple of months, these band/strip/noise are starting to bug me. I'd email Shriro a simple, they replied it's common (moire). I tend to get it a lot with macros, with or without flash (even with correct exposure). More visable at f11-f13 (normally I don't step down more). Just want to make sure it's common and not due to my K10D.

Criss-cross bokeh with flash(100% cropped)
    M mode f11 1/180 ISO200

Bands with flash(100% cropped) this should be the common band problem.
    Av mode f13 1/125 ISO200

Moire stripes without flash(100% cropped)
    AV mode f2.8 ISO200
    All these crops seem quite under exposed to me, but I don't like the ones in the first two. The last one might because the lens (it's a wide open shot, some lenses does have some strange behaviors wide open), but can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    All these crops seem quite under exposed to me, but I don't like the ones in the first two. The last one might because the lens (it's a wide open shot, some lenses does have some strange behaviors wide open), but can't be sure.
    Thanks. Maybe I should go try taking some shots with higher exposure, and lesser the brightness of the LCD. It tends to show perfect exposure shots, but slightly under when I view on the com If it works then I don't need to part with my K10D Thanks again fengwei

Even underexposed it shouldn't look like that...

Send it for servicing.

Got this shot when testing the FA 50mm f1.4. Direct JPG. Think may have problem

Resized JPG

100% cropped, can see criss cross in bokeh

Did you use the grip too? It was reported in Dpreview using the grip will cause banding too.