Thread: Not important, but is it necessary?

Default Not important, but is it necessary?

my wife and i were watching the movie mannequin the other night. it's about this dummy, like the ones in stores that comes to life. anyway, i guess the authority here saw it necessary to "blur" out the mannequins breast...what's up with that? is it so appauling to see an inanimate object's breast? my wife just about lost it. she left the room in disgust about how stupid people can be, i mean it's a dummy for crying out loud. i think for her she simply wanted to watch a fun movie and a topless dummy was taken so seriously that it had to be blurred out...why?

my question is was it necessary to do that and why...it was a lighthearted comedy.
    opinions?

Default Re: not important, but is it necessary?

well u do have kids watching u know.

Default Re: not important, but is it necessary?

Once upon a time, the censorship board was extremely Victorian.

The movie may have been edited then.

Default Re: Not important, but is it necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    my wife and i were watching the movie mannequin the other night. it's about this dummy, like the ones in stores that comes to life. anyway, i guess the authority here saw it necessary to "blur" out the mannequins breast...what's up with that? is it so appauling to see an inanimate object's breast? my wife just about lost it. she left the room in disgust about how stupid people can be, i mean it's a dummy for crying out loud. i think for her she simply wanted to watch a fun movie and a topless dummy was taken so seriously that it had to be blurred out...why?

my question is was it necessary to do that and why...it was a lighthearted comedy.
    opinions?
    Go to the video shop and rent it. Those are properly rated with minimal censorship. I think we have come a long way, with regard to censorship. I'm glad we can get Category 18 movies in the video shop nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Go to the video shop and rent it. Those are properly rated with minimal censorship. I think we have come a long way, with regard to censorship. I'm glad we can get Category 18 movies in the video shop nowadays.
    well... i will not be surprised if local versions of dvd or vcds will be censored as well...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well... i will not be surprised if local versions of dvd or vcds will be censored as well...
    it depends on when it was imported
    it is a old show , yes?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    it depends on when it was imported
    it is a old show , yes?
    well... local release, even recent shows also either ban release or with age limit to buy or they just have a special version thats censored.

so people like me have to resort to importing R1 or R2 from overseas... bo pian... that few second censored, u dun get to watch, the kick just isn't there..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.