Thread: What is wrong with the digital camera?

Default What is wrong with the digital camera?

What is wrong with the camera? It showed some bright or dead pixels on my photos. Which part of it is spoil? It's a compact digital camera.

Last edited by mickie; 1st May 2007 at 05:21 PM.

Default Re: What is wrong with the digital camera?

Quote Originally Posted by mickie View Post
    What is wrong with the camera? It showed some bright or dead pixels on my photos. Which part of it is spoil? It's a compact digital camera.

these are hot pixels due to high ISO, but they seems to be too obvious to me. it might be dirt or something. try to take some photos at somewhere slightly dark without using high ISO or very low shutter speed, check on the same area again to see whether its still there or not, hope these will help you.
    :love2: Olympus

Quote Originally Posted by i2wire View Post
    these are hot pixels due to high ISO, but they seems to be too obvious to me. it might be dirt or something. try to take some photos at somewhere slightly dark without using high ISO or very low shutter speed, check on the same area again to see whether its still there or not, hope these will help you.
    I took quite a number of pictures and those pixels are still at the same location (using only ISO100). The only difference is the brightness of the pixels (which are very visible on a dark background).
    Last edited by mickie; 1st May 2007 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickie View Post
    I took quite a number of pictures and those pixels are still at the same location (using only ISO100). The only difference is the brightness of the pixels (which are very visible on a dark background).
    hope these are not the ccd problem... dear fellow Csers, give Mickie some help, share ur experience if you met this before...
    :love2: Olympus

Looks like a faulty sensor to me. If so, there's little you can do except to send it for repair.

Hi mickie,

These look like Hot pixels.

On some camera body, there is a function to do pixel mapping. Maybe you want to check you user manual regarding hot pixel.

Definitely hot pixels. You can try sending it in for repair or replacement - you have a much stronger case if the camera is relatively new. Else, just have to live with it, cloning it out from every picture you take.

Hey guys! Thanks for your help! I resolved the problem already, took 2 pictures and it's cleared now! It's due to the noise reduction function being turned off. I'll try to take more pictures to confirm later.
    Last edited by mickie; 1st May 2007 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    Definitely hot pixels. You can try sending it in for repair or replacement - you have a much stronger case if the camera is relatively new. Else, just have to live with it, cloning it out from every picture you take.
    Hot pixel doesn't covered by warranty.

Regards,
    Arto.