Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: History does happened again.

Default Re: History does happened again.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    'trendsetters' takes the lead, how would the rest not follow? Not following would probably mean suffering losses, and worse out of the game when you can't catch up. If every business up, then, it's all controlled prices. Even if the 'trendsetters' were drop prices, i doubt the goods, business would reduce their prices.
    You would not really suffer a loss by not following trends, actually in most situations you'd gain, especially when the trend is for no reason whatsoever, and unjustifiable. In this case, raising the prices using the GST excuse is very much invalid, though it is very simply to cover your greed up by citing stuff like increased operating costs, etc.

Why would one gain by keeping their wanton mee at $2.50 while everyone jacks it up to $3? You will net a greater pool of people, since you grab the people who are willing to part with only $2.50 to $2.99 in exchange for that wanton mee. Along with the people who are willing to pay $3 upwards. To simply meet the competitions' profits, you need to sell ONE extra wanton mee for every 5 each of you sell, since $2.50 would cover 5 lots of 50 cents extra profit your trendsetter is garnering. Possible? Not that hard, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    See, if govt keep increasing GST, we will suffer more as store owner will increase 10 times of what Govt did, really Maybe in the future, all go on maggi mee, haha!
    Garment have to increase GST often because need to increase pay of the PM and staff

Quote Originally Posted by michhy View Post
    Garment have to increase GST often because need to increase pay of the PM and staff
    Tongue in cheek or otherwise, I hace made it VERY clear that any discussion on this matter is no longer tolerated.

Consider yourself warned.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Example of very bad Photoshop:

YOU ah....

Unhappy Re: History does happened again.

This morning breakfast, also saw and increase of 20%!!! They say GAS price went up, so all start to charge extra liao lor. Havent encounter coffee price went up, any one did?

This morning breakfast, also saw and increase of 20%!!! They say GAS price went up, so all start to charge extra liao lor. Havent encounter coffee price went up, any one did?
    tomorrow go buy coffee and see lor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i was just informed my rent will go up!!!!

Coffee prices already went up about 4 or 5 months ago in reaction to the gas prices.

Quote Originally Posted by glensky View Post
    i was just informed my rent will go up!!!!
    That has nothing to do with the GST increase. Everyone renting a place is suffering from that now. A lot of expats are leaving SG already because the rent for an HDB flat equals the rent for a huge, 6-room landed property in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    That has nothing to do with the GST increase. Everyone renting a place is suffering from that now. A lot of expats are leaving SG already because the rent for an HDB flat equals the rent for a huge, 6-room landed property in other countries.

ya... u go vietnam or other developing country, u pay rental for 1 HDB, u go there live in 1 bungalow...

so those guys best lor, monday to friday work in SG company, at night sleep road side, weekend drive to malaysia bungalow & stay? might as well, go earn riggit or baht... can live like a king there... provided get expat pay also...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    ya... u go vietnam or other developing country, u pay rental for 1 HDB, u go there live in 1 bungalow...
    Not just that. A german friend of mine left SG last month. What he pays in Germany for a 3- storey apartment (basement, ground, attic) with 3 bedrooms and a big garden (6 apple trees!!!) is approx. 1400 SGD. His landlord wanted to raise the rent on his 3-room Tampines HDB (2 bedrooms) to 1350 SGD.

Not just that. A german friend of mine left SG last month. What he pays in Germany for a 3- storey apartment (basement, ground, attic) with 3 bedrooms and a big garden (6 apple trees!!!) is approx. 1400 SGD. His landlord wanted to raise the rent on his 3-room Tampines HDB (2 bedrooms) to 1350 SGD.
    Wah, Tampines so ex ar... the landlord think they grow Pine trees there issit? or its a Pineapple plantation location (Ong Lai Di)

this is how the game is played, when store holder increase they product more than the 2%, they will hav more income and so hav to pay more income tax if they hit the minium pay for them to pay tax... so who would get more $$$ in the end?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12