Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: History does happened again.

Thumbs down History does happened again.

Last time when GST went up, so does those makan and up by 10% or more. Now before 2% kicks in, we already been paying 20% already.

I encounter egg n fish cake up 10 cents from 50 cents. Increase of 20%!
    Prata with egg, from $1 to $1.2, increase of 20%

See, if govt keep increasing GST, we will suffer more as store owner will increase 10 times of what Govt did, really Maybe in the future, all go on maggi mee, haha!

Default Re: History does happened again.

If you have been enlightened, like I was, a while back, there is absolutely no reason for storeowners to increase prices so drastically.

The price increase should only be X/105 x 107, where X is original price, since the storeowners only collect the tax for the government. They actually get rebates if their company has to purchase goods which incur GST.. So long as they register.

Nothing to do with the gahment, blame it on your greedy storeowners who know how to exploit the ignorance of consumers.

In the meantime, I will just boycott any store which does such funny stuff, if I'm not wrong there was an article about how the government is trying to regulate the price increase because as mentioned above, no need to increase by so much. Greed is commonplace to life, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Greed is commonplace to life, I guess.
    The cost and effect takes place and goes without saying that
    people are born greedy. Example, just watch a toddler asking food
    from mom and you will wonder how on earth did the toddler learns
    to be greedy!

---------------------------------------
    Picking the right people for the job is a definite skill.
    And how do you refine the ability to pick the right
    people for the right job? The gahment's experience
    I supposed.

Well, you need to factor in the point that since GST increased, they need to make more money to cover up for the increase, and so, they have to push the price up.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Last time when GST went up, so does those makan and up by 10% or more. Now before 2% kicks in, we already been paying 20% already.

See, if govt keep increasing GST, we will suffer more as store owner will increase 10 times of what Govt did, really Maybe in the future, all go on maggi mee, haha!
    Actually, it is not the food seller's fault. Their suppliers behind are taking opportunity to raise prices between 10% - 25%. Its a windfall for suppliers for raw ingredients even before the GST hikes. For example, price of sugar from supplier went up by 20%, flour 15%, certain meat 20% or more. Being sandwiched between customers and suppliers and with the extreme hikes in raw materials, retailers will just raise prices to sustain profitability. And the bad part about this whole thing is that the announcement for GST hikes happened before CNY. Suppliers wanted a big fat bonus (for themselves and employees) and hence just took the excuse to raise prices even before 7% kicked in.

Though illegal, there are cartels behind these suppliers and they just raise prices together. Just like petrol. It is amazing how fast they change prices together, but the media would just put it in a more diplomatic way that it is a reactive behavior. As to what justifies the price hikes, no one has the right to probe.

yep.. greed is the problem.. ask those higher up.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post

later everybody buy maggi mee... also ki geh how?

last time million very big, now billion also doesn't sound that big... u get the flow?

last time ta mee 30cents (well, always ppl say, i wasn't born then...) now 2.50 to 3.00... how?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    last time ta mee 30cents (well, always ppl say, i wasn't born then...) now 2.50 to 3.00... how?
    What is TA MEE?

Cook at home!

What is TA MEE?

Cook at home!
    well.. thats what is commonly known as wanton mee now, last time 30cents era think ppl call it ta mee... (dry noodles?)

oh well... guess u born in 86, thats why u dunno...

till now, i dunno whats so wanton about that mee...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

If you have been enlightened, like I was, a while back, there is absolutely no reason for storeowners to increase prices so drastically.

The price increase should only be X/105 x 107, where X is original price, since the storeowners only collect the tax for the government. They actually get rebates if their company has to purchase goods which incur GST.. So long as they register.

Nothing to do with the gahment, blame it on your greedy storeowners who know how to exploit the ignorance of consumers.

In the meantime, I will just boycott any store which does such funny stuff, if I'm not wrong there was an article about how the government is trying to regulate the price increase because as mentioned above, no need to increase by so much. Greed is commonplace to life, I guess.
    ngiam tong dow recounts a very interesting anecdote regarding the price of toothpaste in his book....about how when taxes on foreign companies were removed he expected the price of toothpaste to drop but the price remained the same.
    Not a good idea for the government to try and regulate the price, and frankly it's not very possible either.

well.. thats what is commonly known as wanton mee now, last time 30cents era think ppl call it ta mee... (dry noodles?)

Those dumplings have secret ingredients to make wanton singaporeans masterplan to increase the population!!!

unfortunately, due to the price increase of raw materials, you'll need approximately 152 wantons to actually turn wanton

Da mee isit.. Mian da, I know.. Means mee dry! =D

Maybe the wanton looks wanton.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidforce View Post
    Those dumplings have secret ingredients to make wanton singaporeans masterplan to increase the population!!!

unfortunately, due to the price increase of raw materials, you'll need approximately 152 wantons to actually turn wanton
    Send ALL your wantons to me!

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Send ALL your wantons to me!

eh u can re write... All Your Wanton Are Belong To Mee...

alternatively... u can go sing your Wantonamerah.. hahaha...

Da mee isit.. Mian da, I know.. Means mee dry! =D

Maybe the wanton looks wanton.
    well... seem like more ppl write it as Ta Mee...

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/data/hpb.home/...uckshop_e_.pdf

see page 31... even makan sutra also write Ta Mee... and iirc, there is an instant noodle version few years ago with the same writing as well...

eh u can re write... All Your Wanton Are Belong To Mee...

alternatively... u can go sing your Wantonamerah.. hahaha...
    Example of very bad Photoshop:

I guess there'll be a few more millionaire hawkers then..

vince123123
    Guests

Nothing you can do about it. I've written to the ST Forum with a distinct example of such overcharging - ie, a raising of 20 cents which equates to a raising of 10% (precise numbers not certain, its when it was raised from 3% to 5% so forgotten) of the price of a Burger King drink, and nothing happened also.

This is the end result of all of the choices made by those who were eligible to vote.

'trendsetters' takes the lead, how would the rest not follow? Not following would probably mean suffering losses, and worse out of the game when you can't catch up. If every business up, then, it's all controlled prices. Even if the 'trendsetters' were drop prices, i doubt the goods, business would reduce their prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast