Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Digicabi user pls advise

  1. #1
    Member iboey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    1,202

    Default Digicabi user pls advise

    Hi guys, i changed a AD30L to AD70L. The humidity control is different. My new humidity control has 3 color from blue-green-red clockwise . Which way to turn to get 40+% humidity control? Those using 60L pls help The manual instruction only teaches for my old 30L
    Last edited by iboey; 30th April 2007 at 07:01 PM.
    Having expensive gears do not make you a better photographer. Period.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    Quote Originally Posted by iboey View Post
    Hi guys, i changed a AD30L to AD70L. The humidity control is different. My new humidity control has 3 color from blue-green-red clockwise . Which way to turn to get 40+% humidity control? Those using 60L pls help The manual instruction only teaches for my old 30L
    My AD-60 uses a different dehumidifying unit from u but works in the same principle. Currently my knob's in the 8 o'clock position. This should give u a range between 40 - 50%.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  3. #3
    Member iboey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    1,202

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    yrs 8 oclock means its extreme left already rite ? i put at 12 olock its shows 33% humdity. put at 3pm shows 40%...im totally confused my control is from 8pm to 4pm max.
    Last edited by iboey; 30th April 2007 at 07:42 PM.
    Having expensive gears do not make you a better photographer. Period.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    As long as it's 40-50% humidity then it should be ok.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    Quote Originally Posted by iboey View Post
    yrs 8 oclock means its extreme left already rite ? i put at 12 olock its shows 33% humdity. put at 3pm shows 40%...im totally confused my control is from 8pm to 4pm max.
    My 8 o'clock position is not the extreme left yet as my dehumidifying unit's different from yours. The AD series must manually turn the knob for trial and error to get the desired RH value. I spent over a week getting this right when i first bought it and also needs time for RH to stabilise.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  6. #6
    Member iboey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    1,202

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    My 8 o'clock position is not the extreme left yet as my dehumidifying unit's different from yours. The AD series must manually turn the knob for trial and error to get the desired RH value. I spent over a week getting this right when i first bought it and also needs time for RH to stabilise.
    Mine also like tat. only green LED light up when i turn to 2-4pm. No light appears if i turn anticlockwise onwards. How long does yr 60L take to settle down to yr settings say from 70%?
    my old 30L is pointing at 9pm at the HI side with a reading of 49%
    Having expensive gears do not make you a better photographer. Period.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    Quote Originally Posted by iboey View Post
    Mine also like tat. only green LED light up when i turn to 2-4pm. No light appears if i turn anticlockwise onwards. How long does yr 60L take to settle down to yr settings say from 70%?
    my old 30L is pointing at 9pm at the HI side with a reading of 49%
    Nearly 2 weeks. Now my RH is around 43 - 50%.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    I am currently using AD60. I was as confuise as you but after many discussion with a friend. I believe i finally understood how to use the non-user friendly humidifier. Basically, when the light is on, it means that it is trying to lower the humidity. Therefore, if the humidity is too low, then turn the knob left until the light is off. Then check the humidifier after 1 day. Do this until you get to your desired humidiy and light is off. It will then maintain at that position.

  9. #9
    Member iboey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    1,202

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    Quote Originally Posted by canik7 View Post
    I am currently using AD60. I was as confuise as you but after many discussion with a friend. I believe i finally understood how to use the non-user friendly humidifier. Basically, when the light is on, it means that it is trying to lower the humidity. Therefore, if the humidity is too low, then turn the knob left until the light is off. Then check the humidifier after 1 day. Do this until you get to your desired humidiy and light is off. It will then maintain at that position.
    Is yr dehumidier same as mine? got color bar sticker from left to right (green-blue-red) ? Whats yr clock position of yr dehumidifier pointing to now?
    Having expensive gears do not make you a better photographer. Period.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    Have been busy. To answer your question, my controller is similar to what you mentioned. Current it is at around 9o'clock and humidity is around 55%. Most of the time it is at abotu 45%. I think because of the rain these few days.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kallang
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    set 9 o'clock will solve everything..

    the 3 colour is a very powerful machine. it is totally different from the last time one.
    the last version.

    I have tested using different Humidity meter to test it out.. a casio comes with a hydrometer, I put inside. 2. Another hydrometer from another dry box also put inside. the test is out.." Your digi hydrometer the lowest can go is 20rh. the casio is 40rh.. the other meter is 30rh.. "

    all of the meter show me different answer.. I don't really care is the number. which is the most accurate hydrometer reading? as long I am sure it works and keep my things healthy I don't really bother by the numbers. as long is 9oclock is should be fine.

    even if the light are OFF>.. that doesn't meaning it is not working. they are working all the time. (with green light or no light)
    Last edited by kentlim; 5th May 2007 at 08:32 PM.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Digicabi user pls advise

    The lights, I believe, is purely for monitoring. If the RH is low enough, the dryer will not turn on, so no lights. When the RH is high, the dryer turns on, hence there's light.

    As for the setting, I don't know what is the lowest setting, but I definitely don't recommend using the lowest setting. Set the setting slightly lower than the middle point. It should be alright.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •