Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haircut/Hairstyling

Default Haircut/Hairstyling

Hi friends,

wanna ask....anybody can strongly recommend a place which is good at cutting the following:-

"........ short and smart ......can set somewat messy look easily...."

lol...i don't know how to put it in the correct terms!

erm i forgot to ask......budget ....$50 enuf anot?
    Last edited by plsoong; 30th April 2007 at 05:03 PM.

Default Re: Haircut/Hairstyling

Like this? $50 not enuff. Need £500.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post

Like this? $50 not enuff. Need £500.

hahahaha!

alamak...i dun wan the dying and the simi sai straightening wadnot.....worse! i dun even look 1/1000000000 as good as him......

just cut, wash, blow ..... but a little special coz gonna need a haircut for my ROM .....

Huh? I thought you can get it done in most if not all salons ... I'm going Kimage Marina and quite like the service ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Huh? I thought you can get it done in most if not all salons ... I'm going Kimage Marina and quite like the service ...
    yar..but just wanna know which salons is the most popular to say....

i'm damn suaku one.....if i go one of these days for my haircut, it'll be 2nd time in my life

the last time and my very first time was back in JC days....when i erm....... super suaku....din know how to sit for washing my hair and ended up looking like a fool....i kinda kneeled on the chair and bend my head facing the basin.... i look like a damn C O C K lor...but really din know...

worse....the stylist told me to turn around...i heard come around...and joined him by the side...

my exgf laughed her head off and everybody in that salon shop was laughing like crazy.....

super malu....

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    hahahaha!

alamak...i dun wan the dying and the simi sai straightening wadnot.....worse! i dun even look 1/1000000000 as good as him......

just cut, wash, blow ..... but a little special coz gonna need a haircut for my ROM .....
    For guys, cut, approx 30-80, depends on where & who... director cut for guys about 50 & above normally... for senior, about 40-60, for normal, 30... barber... dunno... 10? QB & such, 10? never go b4... Accidentally cut botak day before ROM... Priceless...

Well... i suggest if u never been to any, then better dun try, cos u might end up with nightmare... i normally go Kimage, etc... run around, cos i never like stagnant, then my gf like to go twister.. so go 2 times to cut by the same guy... dun like... and look like a dork... so i die die won't go back... 4 months never cut hair liao... going to cut again, dunno when... wanna go together?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    For guys, cut, approx 30-80, depends on where & who... director cut for guys about 50 & above normally... for senior, about 40-60, for normal, 30... barber... dunno... 10? QB & such, 10? never go b4... Accidentally cut botak day before ROM... Priceless...

Well... i suggest if u never been to any, then better dun try, cos u might end up with nightmare... i normally go Kimage, etc... run around, cos i never like stagnant, then my gf like to go twister.. so go 2 times to cut by the same guy... dun like... and look like a dork... so i die die won't go back... 4 months never cut hair liao... going to cut again, dunno when... wanna go together?

eversince then, i've been going malay barber (damn good and detailed.....$8) and shortly later, i tried QB house and been sticking with that lor....

wah!!!!!...4 months never cut?!?!?!? :O

peng....u walk around orchard road like dirty floor mop lar! how to recognize u? ...later u need to part the hair curtain just to cross the road

lol......

u kena twisted by the fella t twister?....heng its the above head hair....

since its an impt day and since my hair now look like a messed up bush....

i'd better try one of those nicer hair saloons.....

hopefully the'll cut nicely....

eversince then, i've been going malay barber (damn good and detailed.....$8) and shortly later, i tried QB house and been sticking with that lor....

wah!!!!!...4 months never cut?!?!?!? :O

peng....u walk around orchard road like dirty floor mop lar! how to recognize u? ...later u need to part the hair curtain just to cross the road

lol......

u kena twisted by the fella t twister?....heng its the above head hair....
    with my hair now, i can use it as shutter curtain for my LCD TV lor... hahahaha...

anyway, 4 months never cut also not long wat...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

since its an impt day and since my hair now look like a messed up bush....

i'd better try one of those nicer hair saloons.....

hopefully the'll cut nicely....
    Wow, bro Soong, get married already. Congrats. Make sure u get it well done and don't get a bad hair day.

Hi friends,

wanna ask....anybody can strongly recommend a place which is good at cutting the following:-

Hmm PL, preparing for your big day eh? Congrats!

I strongly recommend that you look through magazines and show the barber/hairstylist the style that you want. It is pointless to describe in words because sometimes the same sentence may be interpreted differently.

Also, approach senior stylists or preferably, the owner/boss of the salon (if you are just going for the non-branded salons). I don't know for the guys but I received a lot of complains from my girlfriends about Kimage. According to them, they claimed the supposedly "stylists" used their heads as some sort of training ground for them to "test out creative hairstyles".

Of course, if you are asking for senior stylists, their rates will be higher compared to trainees or junior stylists... :P

However a couple of my friends did mention about Toni & Guy. But I don't know their prices though. I just heard its expensive.

Later,
    {mich}

lai la, gai xiao le wa eh stylist ai mai
    hor le yan dao kao tak eh zha bor dor ROM pun ai ga le gao yin

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103 View Post
    I strongly recommend that you look through magazines and show the barber/hairstylist the style that you want. It is pointless to describe in words because sometimes the same sentence may be interpreted differently.

Later,
    {mich}
    Thats why I provided a photo for him!

Quote Originally Posted by streetlite View Post
    lai la, gai xiao le wa eh stylist ai mai
    hor le yan dao kao tak eh zha bor dor ROM pun ai ga le gao yin

basket....come and jesiao me

Hi friends,

try

1. Le Salon Orient
    http://www.lesalon.com.sg/home.html

2. Or Tony & Guys
    http://www.toniandguy.com.sg/

Option 1 is much less funky (as it is geared for the conservative Tai Tais). As for option 2, you got to try it to love it. It would give you the wow factor which makes you look several years younger (well unless you are 20, you wont need to look much younger). Tell the consultant what you want. But, its toxic though.

Budget wise, you may need to stretch it somewhat for the above 2. I am sure it would be a refreshing experience either way.

The top salons are in Paris and New York. A good hair cut is between 1 to 2hrs before going to other dept for treatments. And a good stylist will be able to trim in tandem with the hair growth pattern for easier styling maintainence.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Wow, bro Soong, get married already. Congrats. Make sure u get it well done and don't get a bad hair day.
    yar lor....
    xie xie....

stress lar.....but dunno stress what more..

1) cut hair nicely
    2) ROM
    3) Man Utd vs Milan

LOL!

Mich> Yeah, Toni & Guys are good...but they are also freaking good when it comes to paying top dollar...but i suppose thats what they are worth lar... a senior stylist will set me back by $90

wah....if i have gold hair like bekham, maybe can still con somebody and sell goldbar hair

soong,

congrats man!

u can try shunji matsuo at the building near heeren, go for a directors cut. think its 60 odd

they will advise u on ur hairstyle. impt to tell them abt wat occasion is it for etc

Quote Originally Posted by wainism View Post
    soong,

congrats man!

u can try shunji matsuo at the building near heeren, go for a directors cut. think its 60 odd

they will advise u on ur hairstyle. impt to tell them abt wat occasion is it for etc

xie xie

some of my friends recommend me to go there too....

heard its very jap oriented rite? then it'll either make me look like a young punk or a yakuza.... ???

I'm going to middle age liao lar...but those who knows me says i still look like ah boy....

haiz...... looking young can be disadvantages too!...imagine...ah boy...wanna go where,...ah boy here ah boy there..... faintz!

i'm intending to book an appt on Sat at one of the more reputable hair salons and hope u guys have good advise lar

si bei jiaratz..usually charbor only fret over hair issues.......now i'm fretting ................

keep suggesting! i'm seeing which hair salon is the most popular by your experience!

i kinda kneeled on the chair and bend my head facing the basin.... i look like a damn C O C K lor...but really din know...

Boy! Damn freaking hilarious siah!
    You sure you did that???

Did u went back to the same salon again after that?

si bei jiaratz..usually charbor only fret over hair issues.......now i'm fretting ................

Actually not just the hair.
    Must depend on your face and hair type.

If you have chiselled face kind, short or long hair oso will look nice.
    Notice all those ang moh models appear in the magazines? mostly r chiselled face.

You must find a hair style that suits your face and not just the latest trend.

Check out this site.
    http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip3906.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast