Thread: Photography and life in Shanghai

Default Photography and life in Shanghai

Hi all,

I'll be moving to Shanghai on a 2 year work assignment and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on where I could find shops that do camera equipment (a la AP, Cathay or CWS) and film processing (like Ruby in SG)?

Also appreciate any advice on nice places to go and any other aspect of living in Shanghai.

Thanks in advance!!

Elvin

Default Re: Photography and life in Shanghai

You can give Orient Photo a call at 63391035. They have a shop in shanghai...

Account Suspended

Hello Elvin

you can try the rail way statation in shanghai. there is a build with a whole level of stuffs you can buy ... you have to ask clearly if you want receipts .. if you dont need .. you can get it tax free. if you are buying a camera body there... ask for a photocopy of the receipt as a proof of purchase.. and it is also a valid warrenty in china.

if you are looking for studio equipment i know Jin Bei have their head office in sh but i happen to misplace the address.

there is another place in Metro City... at Xu Jia HUi. its like Funan/simlim equvalent of singapore. you can get all your gadgetys there....

you can also check out club bonbon at huai hai road and bao qing road.... a really superb club by godskitchen ... house ... trance.... thru is hiphop. chicks are ****ing awesom...

there is babarossa at Ren Min PArk.... good chill out joint...with shisha... and lounges good for beer and chill.

there is attica at bund and club 97 at fuxing park...

hahah i only know clubs.... :P i will be heading up to sh sometime 12 may... i stay ard Xin Tian Di if you have any idea... where that is

ooh try shintori .. a really neat restaurent oops cant remmber the addy ... ask ard ... every one knows "ying 7 ren jian" direct translaton is "silver 7 human world"" hahahahah :P

ermm there is super supper at Xing Wang tea house 24 hours with home delivery.... egg tarts and the grill brinjal is my recommendation. at chang le road and rui jin road

thats all i can think of now ...

hahah pm me if you are lost or get mobbed by chicks...

HAVE FUN!!!! sh is really neat!!!! for men i.e......
    Last edited by Vinnzcoco; 30th April 2007 at 04:45 PM.

in shanghai 'xujiahui' 徐家汇, there r 3 big IT mall, just go out from mrt station, you can see all of them. 百脑汇,太平洋一期,太平洋二期

Check out XingGuan Photography Mart: www.xg-888.com

To get an idea of general prices in one of those shops there: www.ylcamera.com.cn

Cheers.

Shintori (Xinduli Wúèr Diàn)
    803 Julu Road (Near Fuming Road, Hotels Equatorial & Hilton)
    Mon-Fri: 5.30-11pm
    Sat-Sun: 11.30am-2pm/5-11pm
    Tel: 5404 5252

I'm in Shanghai now and happen to be searching for more info on this restaurant. Going tomorrow evening!

Account Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by coalfox View Post
    Shintori (Xinduli Wr Din)
    803 Julu Road (Near Fuming Road, Hotels Equatorial & Hilton)
    Mon-Fri: 5.30-11pm
    Sat-Sun: 11.30am-2pm/5-11pm
    Tel: 5404 5252

I'm in Shanghai now and happen to be searching for more info on this restaurant. Going tomorrow evening!
    thats the one!!!!! go it ****ing rocks....
    and bring along your wallet ok...... friendly reminder

hee

Thanks all for your advice....

Will definitely keep an eye out for these places!!

Keep these tips coming!