Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is your top speed??

Hi revo, its the 4 dr manual...i too believe if properly mod, it can go faster but have to really put a lot of weight to prevent the car from flipping....

izux
    Guests

Originally posted by Gabriel
    Hi revo, its the 4 dr manual...i too believe if properly mod, it can go faster but have to really put a lot of weight to prevent the car from flipping....
    Sounds like its the civic eg8...great car for modifying(then again, which honda isn't?!).

Anyway, i personally feel that its not the top speed that matters so much, its the thrust on acceleration that gives me the thrill....thats why i simply adore hondas when their vtec kicks in....

+260km/h (Datsun 260z / race track)
    +250km/h (Honda CB 1100R on road)
    280km/h (Yamaha TZ-500)
    2280km/h (Concorde)
    Last edited by Ian; 21st March 2003 at 05:34 AM.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Originally posted by Knighthunter
    You ever drove Mclaren Roadster? That's is expensive high performace car (I think, if not wrong, still holds the world fastest production car).
    hehe note the (NFS 2) next to his post .. Need For Speed 2 game methinks
    The Ang Moh from Hell

Originally posted by Ian
    hehe note the (NFS 2) next to his post .. Need For Speed 2 game methinks
    Ahh...why I didn't think about it.........

Datsun 260z White fibre galss and black bonnet body with Nissan 200sx Engine on Alf Barbagalo Raceway?
    W204FL

Originally posted by izux
    Sounds like its the civic eg8...great car for modifying(then again, which honda isn't?!).

Anyway, i personally feel that its not the top speed that matters so much, its the thrust on acceleration that gives me the thrill....thats why i simply adore hondas when their vtec kicks in....
    To increase the acceleration need to change the gearbox to close ratio gear beside engine tune up. Think Esi is non-Vtec engine. If you like accelartion try Subaru impreza turbo, you will feel the G force when the turbo kick in at 4kRPM and all wheel drive make the car feel stick to the road.
    W204FL

Ahh...why I didn't think about it.........

Datsun 260z White fibre galss and black bonnet body with Nissan 200sx Engine on Alf Barbagalo Raceway?
    Ahh a certain someone remembers an afternoon at Wanneroo and the beast I see.
    The Ang Moh from Hell

Nikon CP995 - 1/2000 sec
    Nikon F801s - 1/8000 sec
    Nikon D1x - 1/16000 sec

IPPT 2.4 km run - 14.4km/hr
    Honda CRV - 90 MPH (144 km/hr)
    Boeing 747 - 900 km/hr

Microsoft Optical Mouse - 40 inches per second

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

hi izux, looks like i got to know another honda fan...how nice...
    VTEC is really addictive isn't it....

knight....hate to burst the bubble....but ESi is a single cam VTEC engine. Only the Lsi is without VTEC...
    Though its a single cam engine, but when properly done, has managed to shamed many a twincam vtec or the non modified rex...
    If you've been on a race-tunes twincam VTEC, you;ll know that the surge is like when you;re on low dosage of NOS....trust me....been there, done dat...

mine is all cars 180km cos all jap cars i drove.

current mit lancer 6 speed manual 0-100 about 8 sec or lower. never really count.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

knight....hate to burst the bubble....but ESi is a single cam VTEC engine. Only the Lsi is without VTEC...
    Though its a single cam engine, but when properly done, has managed to shamed many a twincam vtec or the non modified rex...
    If you've been on a race-tunes twincam VTEC, you;ll know that the surge is like when you;re on low dosage of NOS....trust me....been there, done dat...
    B'coz in Indonesia ESi is non V-Tech engine, I dunno that Singapore ESi got VTech. The next generation of Esi with Vtech engine is VTi.
    W204FL

izux
    Guests

To increase the acceleration need to change the gearbox to close ratio gear beside engine tune up. Think Esi is non-Vtec engine. If you like accelartion try Subaru impreza turbo, you will feel the G force when the turbo kick in at 4kRPM and all wheel drive make the car feel stick to the road.
    The civic esi is vtec...just that its sohc. You were referring to the subaru wrx sti? Haha i personally feel that it is quite sluggish in pickup...but scores in the drivibility and handling factors. If you're talking about thrust...i'd prefer the wild monster of the lancer evo.

Esi = SOHC VTEC
    VTi = DOHC VTEC
    same chasis code, different in performance.

Del...when did the mitsubishi came out with a 6 speed gearbox? AFAIK, its only 5 speed manual....

Esi = SOHC VTEC
    VTi = DOHC VTEC

Del...when did the mitsubishi came out with a 6 speed gearbox? AFAIK, its only 5 speed manual....
    Very different Version:
    ESi=Non VTEC SOHC 1.6PGM-FI
    VTi=VTEC SOHC 1.6PGM-FI
    W204FL

izux
    Guests

Esi = SOHC VTEC
    VTi = DOHC VTEC

Maybe the lancer he was referring to is the EVO...which is available in 6 speed gearbox.

izux, i tot so too but look at the timing for the century sprint....under 8 s.? Dun think EVO is that slow rite....even my esi can manage a sub 7 on a good day...

it have 6 speed no typo error. cos i can use the
    + - to have 6 speed. actually its auto with 6 speed sports shift.

mine is kinda like evo without the rear spoiler cos i ask them dun put. speed wise... 0-100 sometimes i also dunno how to count lah. cos i thought must use auto to count.. if use manual to count den definitely less than 8 sec. i think about 5... rev all the way. but very waste fuel. now fuel crisis coming up... better save more fuel.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Wah del, like that oso can ah?
    Then my esi also got 6 gear leh....including the reverse gear

izux
    Guests

Originally posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    it have 6 speed no typo error. cos i can use the
    + - to have 6 speed. actually its auto with 6 speed sports shift.

mine is kinda like evo without the rear spoiler cos i ask them dun put. speed wise... 0-100 sometimes i also dunno how to count lah. cos i thought must use auto to count.. if use manual to count den definitely less than 8 sec. i think about 5... rev all the way. but very waste fuel. now fuel crisis coming up... better save more fuel.
    Huh? Kinda like evo? What do you mean? And 5 secs for the century sprint?! Thats even faster than a stock evo!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast