Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: dSLR to start off with

  1. #61

    Default Re: dSLR to start off with

    Quote Originally Posted by Morphis View Post
    Yup. Tatz ya perception my dear.

    I'm not a Minolta or Sony DSLR user but perhaps ya should just post de above in de SONY UNITED thread and ya may just noe de answer how badly cheated de Minolta/Sony users feel.

    For wat so ever reason, we may not know de answer. How much was de take over transaction or was it a merger or joint venture or is it meant to be a kopitiam issue for de elderly?

    Keeping an open mind. TS, Sori for da OT.
    my friend.... of course they won't have any hard feelings towards minolta when they have sony bailing them out and promising that it'll develop more lenses in the future....

    you speak as if you know what was going on in the sony minolta board meetings... fact is minolta wanted out, sony stepped in.... if sony didn't come along how sure are you that minolta will still stick around for the sake of it's customers.... if you think that a commercial enterprise will stay in an industry which it feels is no longer profitable for the sake of it's users then you are sorely mistaken.... heard of kodak? they used to make a 14mp dslr... wonder where they are now..... these things happen, minolta wasn't the first and it won't be the last.....

  2. #62

    Default Re: dSLR to start off with

    Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    my guess is you're still young... you'll probably stay in this hobby for a v long time... the decision you make now will determine the system you will use for all those years... are you goin to base your decision on 100- 200 dollar difference? silly isn't it... besides... who knows what's goin to happen in the future.. you might have much more money to spend on your hobby and would like to upgrade your body and lenses... good thing with canon and nikon is that there is always an upgrade path... canon has the 1dmkIII for sport shooters and fullframe cameras....can't say the same for the other brands...

    there's a reason why canon and nikon are the best sellers eventhough they cost more than the rest... people are not stupid... they know what they are buying and most people feel that the cost is justified.... if you feel that it is purely marketing then look at the link I posted... do you think professionals are suckers for marketing? of course not...

    it always pays to stick with a giants... why? because they sell more and so can afford to put more in to research so you can look forward to a greater variety of high quality lens in the future... being so big also mean the chances of them closing down are slim... look at minolta.... they stopped making dslrs all together... ppl who invested minolta lenses are stuck... luckily for them sony came along and took over their dslr business.. now minolta lenses can still be used on sony bodies... if you buy 1 of the smaller brands... this can happen to you too in the future... only difference is there might not be another sony to bail you out....
    This is funny, you're assuming that he might actually want a Mark II or Mark X later on in his life. I won't. And I'm young. So you're wrong. And that's the truth.

    Giants can fall, btw. Give it a little more time, the underdogs are catching up fast, it isn't a no competition market these days like it was in the past - I guess you have to acknowledge that.

    Your scenario works for the present, I admit, but anything can happen in the near future. There would be days in the past where people would just laugh out Olympus, Pentax and hey, Sony wasn't even around.. And the argument that professionals use it so I must use it is a null argument - just because a professional tennis player uses X brand racket doesn't mean it's going to be the all and end all for me. Simple.
    Last edited by night86mare; 9th May 2007 at 11:32 PM.

  3. #63

    Default Re: dSLR to start off with

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    This is funny, you're assuming that he might actually want a Mark II or Mark X later on in his life. I won't. And I'm young. So you're wrong. And that's the truth.

    Giants can fall, btw. Give it a little more time, the underdogs are catching up fast, it isn't a no competition market these days like it was in the past - I guess you have to acknowledge that.

    Your scenario works for the present, I admit, but anything can happen in the near future. There would be days in the past where people would just laugh out Olympus, Pentax and hey, Sony wasn't even around.. And the argument that professionals use it so I must use it is a null argument - just because a professional tennis player uses X brand racket doesn't mean it's going to be the all and end all for me. Simple.
    i'm young and i want to get a fullframe in the future.... nikon does not have a fullframe but you already see so many nikon users drooling over the rumoured nikon fullframe.... the TS might or might not want to upgrade to a pro body in the future but if he choose to upgrade in the future at least he won't need to sell his whole system if he bought a canon or nikon now....

    my fren... there were so many slr makers in the past... many of them closed down.... the first AF slrs were made by.... guess who... minolta in 1985.... look at this list.... see all the different slrs canon and nikon have fought with... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-lens_reflex_camera canon and nikon might not be around forever but please don't say that it was a no competition market in the past..... btw which is more likely to fade away in to the annals of history? canon or pentax?

    no you don't have to buy what the professionals buy.... there's nothing wrong with that.... it's just comforting to know that the dslr you're using is trusted by professionals.... see the big white lenses?

  4. #64

    Default Re: dSLR to start off with

    Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    my fren... there were so many slr makers in the past... many of them closed down.... the first AF slrs were made by.... guess who... minolta in 1985.... look at this list.... see all the different slrs canon and nikon have fought with... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-lens_reflex_camera canon and nikon might not be around forever but please don't say that it was a no competition market in the past..... btw which is more likely to fade away in to the annals of history? canon or pentax?

    no you don't have to buy what the professionals buy.... there's nothing wrong with that.... it's just comforting to know that the dslr you're using is trusted by professionals.... see the big white lenses?
    Not going to participate in any brand or media or photographic branch fights, just wanted to say my piece and point out certain counterpoints.

    SLR =/= DSLR. Pentax was also very popular then, and I'm not targeting any brands, so there. Won't you agree that Nikon and Canon were roaming about free while the other brands were fooling around with DSLR? Shrug. That's the last post on the matter, we can argue till the cows come home, and I do not take comfort in anything used by professionals or celebrities. Endorsement is a whole load of crock to me, I believe in my own research and what I see, rather do that than end up a victim as in the Slim10 episodes.

    Good day, there will be no further reply from me on the matter.

  5. #65

    Default Re: dSLR to start off with

    Quote Originally Posted by Morphis View Post
    Yup. Tatz ya perception my dear.
    .................................................. ...................................
    For wat so ever reason, we may not know de answer. How much was de take over transaction or was it a merger or joint venture or is it meant to be a kopitiam issue for de elderly?

    Keeping an open mind. TS, Sori for da OT.
    Does tat sound like I attended da meeting and forgot?

    Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    my friend.... of course they won't have any hard feelings towards minolta when they have sony bailing them out and promising that it'll develop more lenses in the future....
    you speak as if you know what was going on in the sony minolta board meetings... fact is minolta wanted out, sony stepped in.... if sony didn't come along how sure are you that minolta will still stick around for the sake of it's customers.... if you think that a commercial enterprise will stay in an industry which it feels is no longer profitable for the sake of it's users then you are sorely mistaken.... heard of kodak? they used to make a 14mp dslr... wonder where they are now..... these things happen, minolta wasn't the first and it won't be the last.....
    Self perception again or have ya recvd da clarification for ya query from da real users oredi?

    A fact? Watz da fact? Lets share da meeting minutes if ya dun mind, board member.

    Hstory? Heard of? Ends up in da kopitiam.

    Still keeping an very open mind but I truly tink its going very OT.

    Ya r welcum to PM me for a AGM on da foto industry if ya wish.

    Hope all these is assisting da TS in his quest. Sorry.

  6. #66

    Default Re: dSLR to start off with

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Not going to participate in any brand or media or photographic branch fights, just wanted to say my piece and point out certain counterpoints.

    SLR =/= DSLR. Pentax was also very popular then, and I'm not targeting any brands, so there. Won't you agree that Nikon and Canon were roaming about free while the other brands were fooling around with DSLR? Shrug. That's the last post on the matter, we can argue till the cows come home, and I do not take comfort in anything used by professionals or celebrities. Endorsement is a whole load of crock to me, I believe in my own research and what I see, rather do that than end up a victim as in the Slim10 episodes.

    Good day, there will be no further reply from me on the matter.
    fren... I have nothing against you .... i just listed down why I feel TS should stick with a nikon or canon instead of telling him that all brands are equally good (like this is goin to help him decide).... guess it's inevitable I'll attract some attention....

  7. #67

    Default Re: dSLR to start off with

    Quote Originally Posted by Morphis View Post
    Does tat sound like I attended da meeting and forgot?



    Self perception again or have ya recvd da clarification for ya query from da real users oredi?

    A fact? Watz da fact? Lets share da meeting minutes if ya dun mind, board member.

    Hstory? Heard of? Ends up in da kopitiam.

    Still keeping an very open mind but I truly tink its going very OT.

    Ya r welcum to PM me for a AGM on da foto industry if ya wish.

    Hope all these is assisting da TS in his quest. Sorry.
    help him decide... probably not...

    history lesson... likely....

    wayang.... definitely....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •