Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: navy open house...

Default Re: navy open house...

Or probably a serviceman kanna duty over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei View Post
    Or probably a serviceman kanna duty over the weekend.
    most probably a NSmen...

poor ns man workinh under sun, very siong leh.
    dun come.

sunday fiona xie, sure got alot ppl.

Lol bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    dun come.

Bright and sunny day today. Hope the visitors are having a field day now, and that it will be fair when I go down tomorrow too!

dun come.

sunday got fiona, so today have who?

Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    haha... yah yah yah... less people go then less people to squeeze with...
    or go very early!

it is so packed man!!! still wanna screen bags!!! lol very mah fan lar waited to go onboard the ships as queue was very long
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

Arrow Re: navy open house...

I went down to the Navy open house today at 0815, Saturday.

Hats off to the Navy crew as the queue for the public buses were orderly and well organised, compared to the Air Force open house last year and there were Navy minders every few metres to help out if you need any help.

The security check and queue area for the buses is inside Singapore Expo Hall 1.

I've to say that the Navy personnel were hands on and very courteous.

Thanks to the Navy crew for the FCU ride from the LST.

Guys... prepare to walk long distance. Estimate around 2-3 hrs..
    May need to queue under the sun for maybe 1/2 hr or more to see the vessel or the Duck Tour. Very big a area...

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I went down to the Navy open house today at 0815, Saturday.

Hats off to the Navy crew as the queue for the public buses were orderly and well organised, compared to the Air Force open house last year and there were Navy minders every few metres to help out if you need any help.

The security check and queue area for the buses is inside Singapore Expo Hall 1.

Thanks to the Navy crew for the FCU ride from the LST.

very big area, yes, hot, yes, my advise, go early or go at 3pm.

Also, 10am, 1pm, 4pm is the show that happens at parade square. Navy divers, bands, MP performers, ok lah, not bad, fiona xie i forgot what time, either 1.30pm or 4.30pm i think.

Do come a bit early for the NDU show as they start a bit early.

From the brochure, Fiona Xie will make an appearance at 1330 hours.

You can see the submarine from a distance as it is out of bound to the public.

HTH.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 26th May 2007 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Guys... prepare to walk long distance. Estimate around 2-3 hrs..
    May need to queue under the sun for maybe 1/2 hr or more to see the vessel or the Duck Tour. Very big a area...
    I'm on duty there all three days . Average waiting time for the "duck tour" is 90min during peak hour. LST wise, to see the RSS Endurance(207) you'll need to wait approximately half an hour. The Endurance is beached and you will be able to walk through the wet dock as it is dry. You can queue instead for the RSS Persistence which will only take 10 mins on average. The tour is similar to the Endurance tour and you can finish off the tour by taking the fast craft(FCU) ride from the flooded wet dock. You cannot walk through the dock as the vessel is not beached.

Would advise bringing wet clothing if you wish to try out the banana boat/ jet ski rides around the wharf. Riding a banana boat amongst frigates is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, guaranteed not available at Club Med

Would also advise bringing a good tele lens of approximately 300mm f length equivalent(200mm on 1.5x for example) and an ultra wide with regards to camera gear.

Highlights would be the divers performance, which is quite spectacular although it is quite short(i've seen it about 5 times already), FCU ride and banana boat rides. Duck tour is not that spectacular although queue is very long. It's about the same as the FCU ride which is only a 10 minute wait. Although you might want to try the duck tour for the novelty of entering the water via a ramp. Do also try out the .50 cis heavy machine gun and ship steering simulator, which are actual tools used to train navy crew. Queue is approximately 15-25 mins.

As a note, please try to refrain from fiddling with the exhibits at the open house. Someone disturbed a torpedo exhibit today and caused quite a hassle for the working party. The see but don't touch rule is highly recommended. If you must touch please do not do so with a large amount of force, the entire working party will thank you for it.

Do enjoy yourselves on the last day tomorrow!

Btw, who was the dude walking around in desert camo and an NG5162 backpack this morning

the NDU show i see many times, cos i station there, so hot.

the NDU show i see many times, cos i station there, so hot.
    At least you are home early enough to post your complains loh... Looking forward to my trip down tomorrow!

Btw tot there was passing showers in the afternoon? Did they reach the base?

by the way, pls refrain from going inside parade square while divers are performing, they train hard for this, dun spoil their show by going in and take pics, what happen if u bang on them on second segment when it involves blanks and vichicle???

Today i can just pull 3 photographers out, but i dun, cos trying to be nice to public, if i see ppl inside again, i will sure excercise my rights, as my duties.

Ur safety is my concern.
    Last edited by fotoudavid; 26th May 2007 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei View Post
    At least you are home early enough to post your complains loh... Looking forward to my trip down tomorrow!

Btw tot there was passing showers in the afternoon? Did they reach the base?
    yes, after the show. be there early, as lotsa ppl!!!

Sorry for the bad photo.

Inside of Expo 1.

Some photos of the NDU and EOD show.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=283288
    Last edited by xtemujin; 26th May 2007 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post

heh... i was there today with my gf ... and I think the transport was well organised too! though we have to walk quite long before we get to the buses (both ways).. the good thing is we did not even have to wait a single minute when we went there at about 1pm and back at about 3plus...buses were aplenty.. and looking at the holding area at Expo Hall 1 and the place of departure from the base.. I think they will have no problem handling a larger crowd..and yes... the Navy personnel were very courteous

Carpark availability at expo itself could be a problem though.. with the foodfair happening at the same time..

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast