Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: navy open house...

Default Re: navy open house...

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    actually yes, not aircraft like planes but helicopters ! from the heli decks of Frigates and Landing Ship Tanks. Actually, the navy could implement AV-8 Harrier on their LST and make it a mini-carrier.
    and that's where the JSF will be...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwongsg View Post
    Hi everyone,

It wise not to drive to expo because it will be very pack the weekend with all the hall are use up

thank you
    thanks for the tip... was actually thinking of driving there...

Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    thanks for the tip... was actually thinking of driving there...
    I was at the IMDEX show on the 2nd day and managed to go onboard most of the 22 vessels berthed at CNB. The verdict - Seeeeeeeeeee Pehhhhhhhh Sweeeeeeeeeeee Will you believe that I actually went down to the OZ sub for a tour-de-france??? Our new frigates are solid man!! After touring the ships, I have to go for a nice massage on my legs.
    Nikon D700, SB800, Nikkon 18-24mmVR Nano FX, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, D80, SB600, Nikkor 18-200VR DX.

Quote Originally Posted by tengcc View Post
    I was at the IMDEX show on the 2nd day and managed to go onboard most of the 22 vessels berthed at CNB. The verdict - Seeeeeeeeeee Pehhhhhhhh Sweeeeeeeeeeee Will you believe that I actually went down to the OZ sub for a tour-de-france??? Our new frigates are solid man!! After touring the ships, I have to go for a nice massage on my legs.
    woah... that's so fortunate of you... i can only dream of it...

any pic ?

seems like there's not going to be a repeat of the show of the heli from the previous time...

Noticed that some of you stated that there is no restriction to the cameras... This is incorrect.

Lens longer than 150 MM is not allowed, therefore please plan accordingly and save yourself some heartache when you bring your bazooka lenses and find that it is not allowed. I know 150MM is not alot, but I think we all understand the reasons why huh?

wah, no longer than 150mm? looks like alot of 70-200 users are out of the league.. time to use 135mm F2..

Quote Originally Posted by Silverelf View Post
    Noticed that some of you stated that there is no restriction to the cameras... This is incorrect.

Lens longer than 150 MM is not allowed, therefore please plan accordingly and save yourself some heartache when you bring your bazooka lenses and find that it is not allowed. I know 150MM is not alot, but I think we all understand the reasons why huh?

where is the source of this info from ?

150mm on an oly + 2x TC.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj View Post
    As usual, shuttle buses will be provided for the period of the open house. Expect some delays, thanks to Osama, as certain security measures may be necessary.

The pick-up points if its not changed from previous years should be at Tanah Merah MRT site. I think more information will be available when the time draws closer.

The highlight should be the Submarines and the new Frigates that the RSN has acquired and prolly the only time that the public get to photograph it. I am still not clear on details yet .... stay tuned
    diesel powered subs only.

it is 500mm and above lens not alowed...common rule at restricted places, ps: this mayb lowed due to the code of security of the place also... but CNB if i am not wrong still stays at <500mm limit

Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    erm... don't remember seeing any restrictions on previous navy open houses... but for air force open houses, think it is like 500mm lens can't be allow?...
    bro u are right i guess

somehow related to the restriction http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf/oh06/usefultips.htm just that this is air base....

swee ah ? see until sian la.

u should see our own hover crafts.

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    it is 500mm and above lens not alowed...common rule at restricted places, ps: this mayb lowed due to the code of security of the place also... but CNB if i am not wrong still stays at <500mm limit

bro u are right i guess

500mm ? why ar... ? who wants to shoot so far ?

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    swee ah ? see until sian la.

u should see our own hover crafts.
    hover crafts?...

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    500mm ? why ar... ? who wants to shoot so far ?
    uncle bin bin..... u noe who i can toking... a bush best friend

Hi, you were there on 2nd day too? Same here. But sad to say one day is not enough to go round all the vessels. I only managed to go on board five ships. And of course, you're right, the one-in-a-lifetime chance to go into a sub!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    Hi, you were there on 2nd day too? Same here. But sad to say one day is not enough to go round all the vessels. I only managed to go on board five ships. And of course, you're right, the one-in-a-lifetime chance to go into a sub!
    Hi, this is just a few pictures I have taken:-

http://tengccteng.multiply.com/photos/album/1
    Nikon D700, SB800, Nikkon 18-24mmVR Nano FX, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, D80, SB600, Nikkor 18-200VR DX.

Hi, this is just a few pictures I have taken:-

http://tengccteng.multiply.com/photos/album/1
    woah... nice...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast