Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: For the Colour Deficient.....

  1. #21

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    where to get these books in sg?
    From some of the libraries under NLB:You can also purchase them from Computer Book Centre at Funan Centre or Kinokuniya at Takashimaya. These books are expensive and are challenging to read. It is not uncommon to read these books more than once and I found it useful to refer to the study groups at Digital Grin when going through them.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    thanks... think i should get the classic guide to read 1st...

    it would be challenging for me to even take up a book and read...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #23
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cibs View Post
    Work solely in B/W? Photography is about light.. not about colours
    colors is a property of light.

  4. #24

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    colors is a property of light.
    hmm.. really? And here I was thinking light was nothing but photons and it was our brains that interpreted these photons bouncing off our retinas... bloody professor taught us all wrong

  5. #25
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cibs View Post
    hmm.. really? And here I was thinking light was nothing but photons and it was our brains that interpreted these photons bouncing off our retinas... bloody professor taught us all wrong
    emm.... he didn't teach you that colors is a result of different wavelength of the visible light spectrum of electromagnetic energy? remember, magnitude and frequency of the wave form of these photons?

  6. #26

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    emm.... he didn't teach you that colors is a result of different wavelength of the visible light spectrum of electromagnetic energy? remember, magnitude and frequency of the wave form of these photons?
    Ya.. what he also said was all these energy does not equate to colors without our brains interpreting them as so. E.g. some animals do not see in color.. everything is black and white.. therefore, color is a relative term. All living things capable of seeing do however see shades of grey..

  7. #27
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cibs View Post
    Ya.. what he also said was all these energy does not equate to colors without our brains interpreting them as so. E.g. some animals do not see in color.. everything is black and white.. therefore, color is a relative term. All living things capable of seeing do however see shades of grey..
    but even light intensity is similarly processed by the brain.

  8. #28

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cibs View Post
    Ya.. what he also said was all these energy does not equate to colors without our brains interpreting them as so.
    agree,
    but the prob is, fellow humans DO interpret them, so if u can't, u may have some difficulty putting across an idea (photo) effectively...

  9. #29

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scenar View Post
    agree,
    but the prob is, fellow humans DO interpret them, so if u can't, u may have some difficulty putting across an idea (photo) effectively...
    Not all fellow humans interpret colors the same way.. hence the OT.

  10. #30
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cibs View Post


    Just wondering.. do these two images look similar/identical in color?
    Damn! All I see are some chocolate chip cookies!

  11. #31
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cibs View Post
    Not all fellow humans interpret colors the same way.. hence the OT.
    but also not all fellow humans interpret light intensity the same way too. some people have better night vision than the others.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Damn! All I see are some chocolate chip cookies!
    I see coffee and soy beans...

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Damn! All I see are some chocolate chip cookies!
    lau eh, dun tell me all Andrew are CADs... jialat... how...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Shuen View Post
    From some of the libraries under NLB:You can also purchase them from Computer Book Centre at Funan Centre or Kinokuniya at Takashimaya. These books are expensive and are challenging to read. It is not uncommon to read these books more than once and I found it useful to refer to the study groups at Digital Grin when going through them.
    dio stunned... each book about 80+++
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #35
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    lau eh, dun tell me all Andrew are CADs... jialat... how...
    Tua kee liao lor ...

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Tua kee liao lor ...
    THIS NAME IS CURSED!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #37

    Default Re: For the Colour Deficient.....

    do a white balance before ur shoot? or shoot 1 scene with an exposure card that you can then select to help adjust would help save a lot of post processing woes, particularly if you have this problem. you might not get the nicest looking skin tones, but u will get the most accurate one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •