Thread: SGX/Hsieh Fu Hua: conflicts of interest

Smile SGX/Hsieh Fu Hua: conflicts of interest

why did it take a foreign media to probe and raise a potential conflict of interest situation betw SGX and Fu, its Ceo. the handling of this issue before and after Mas stepped into the fray with its comments. SGX as the 'custodian' of corporate governance of listed companies, has 'messed up' in this department. acceptable practice?

Default Re: SGX/Hsieh Fu Hua: conflicts of interest

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    why did it take a foreign media to probe and raise a potential conflict of interest situation betw SGX and Fu, its Ceo. the handling of this issue before and after Mas stepped into the fray with its comments. SGX as the 'custodian' of corporate governance of listed companies, has 'messed up' in this department. acceptable practice?
    huh?

yeah man, I personally felt this was a disgrace to SGX. The foreign report stress that the support from the Board exclude that of the independent directors. Note the latest developement in this.... His contract will run out in 2009 , SGX says he may stay or may not stay.
    Last edited by stonefish35; 27th April 2007 at 10:31 PM.

He should know better than anybody else this is a no no

I guess if this happens to other listed company....SGX would have snapped them with heavy fine....now he is in deep ****....can he walk free unscattered???

Note: Pls think twice b4 you comment hor....later kena defirmation charge not my pasal

From what i know, Mr hsieh has declared his position in Primefounders when he became the CEO? ..

Smile Re: SGX/Hsieh Fu Hua: conflicts of interest

as a listed co on sgx, it is a continuing obligation to declare potential conflict of interests. it is continuing obligation. not just at the point of joining sgx.

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    From what i know, Mr hsieh has declared his position in Primefounders when he became the CEO? ..