Thread: using 50mm as micro

Default using 50mm as micro

Hi just bought reverse ring for my 50mm to try out on micro.The question is ,if u reverse the lense ,I notice that that there is a lever closing the lense and only open when u push the lever .How do I control this,should i use a tape or there is other way? Pls advise

Thanks

Default Re: using 50mm as micro

Quote Originally Posted by LePhotographe View Post
    Hi just bought reverse ring for my 50mm to try out on micro.The question is ,if u reverse the lense ,I notice that that there is a lever closing the lense and only open when u push the lever .How do I control this,should i use a tape or there is other way? Pls advise

Thanks
    Nikon or Canon or others?

Nikkor 50mm has aperture ring which you can use to open up the aperture.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by LePhotographe View Post

Thanks
    I use my 50mm with two +2 close-up filters stacked. Gives relatively gd close-ups (approx. 1:2), but pic quality becomes a tad soft.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

He seems to be a Nikon user.

So if you're using the 50mm f1.8, there is a aperture ring. Unlock it by lifting up the catch and turn the aperture down to f22.s

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post

So if you're using the 50mm f1.8, there is a aperture ring. Unlock it by lifting up the catch and turn the aperture down to f22.s
    f/1.8...

BC

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post

Nikon lenses can also stack close-ups mah.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

yup manage to do it,unfortunately the ring cannot mount to my nikon D200....hmmm.purchase from ppcponline,email them but not waiting for reply..i think its a canon mount they give me....
    thanks guys for the info given.

If you have any DIY abilities, you could do something like I did. Regardless of brand, it should work if you get the proper extension tubes. I can reverse any lens and have full control of the lens.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=264305

Have a look to get some ideas.