Thread: Digital Camera for overseas trip...

Default Digital Camera for overseas trip...

Hi,

A friend of mine is going overseas for his job attachment. He is looking for a simple decent digital camera around $500-$600 that is ready to shoot(batteries & memory included). Is that possible, and what are the recommendations? Thanks, as I know almost nothing about digital cameras.

Pay slight more and get the Canon v3... 3 mega-pixel DC that takes decent pictures

I was thinking of the olympus line of digital cameras, but it seems that they take a different memory card(smart media?), so will that be an issue in the future? How much does the canon v3 cost btw?
    Last edited by Gunjack; 18th March 2003 at 07:37 PM.

C-350 zoom at $499 is a very good deal. 3.2mp and 3x zoom.

v3 699 at ms color

btw tekken fan eh? best game of that genre

Thanks for all your inputs. My fren got the olympus C-350 in the end.

Naresh666: Yups, i was quite a tekken fan, but the latest tekken 4 system is quite different from the previous systems and I had to relearn everything more or less from scratch, so I had stopped playing tekken for quite a while, don't have much time to learn since working, and don't have PS2. Even one of my fave tekken character "Gunjack" is not included anymore.

yeah tekken 4 was like something totaly new from the previous. hahah personally tekken tag was the best. Hworang and Eddie were the ultimate tag team, muhahaha bacoming a banla talk topic now. glad to know ur fren has fianll decided on a camera,