Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which camera to get?

Default Re: Which camera to get?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky88 View Post
    Recommend K10D as well. Very well bult DSLR and won TIPA best expert DSLR of 2007 Awards . Only problem is hard to find the pentax lens
    Another vote for Pentax K10D. A great camera, well worth the cost. Besides, Pentax got enough DA lenses for most users anyway. You can get most DA lenses in local stores. And Pentax is coming out w/ a couple of pro level 2.8 zoom lenses, plus some tele lenses on the way.

Good luck

The cheapest camera go to the nikon D40 but for a little more, you can get the very competent Pentax K100D. It comes with built-in stabilised CCD so you don't need to buy $$$ stablised lenses for most purposes. And with your budget, still have left over to buy another lens. The size and shape of the camera is ok.
    The camera runs on AA batteries so you never have to run out of charge at the worst time.
    Furthermore, Pentax may not have a wide range but do have a nice selection of very good lenses you will ever need.
    cheers

Go for Canon. Cheap startup, although unimpressive kit lens.

Also in future, when you're investing on more lenses, Canon has 2nd tier variants of many high-end lenses. I.e. f4 versions which cost (and weigh) much lesser than the f2.8 versions. On equivalent focal lengths & f-stops, Nikon lenses seem to be slightly more costly. (17-55/2.8, 70-200/2.8 IS/VR, etc)

another vote for Pentax K100D or K10D.

but this is an invisible post... nobody bothers to read recommendation for Pentax other than Pentax users!

Quote Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
    another vote for Pentax K100D or K10D.

but this is an invisible post... nobody bothers to read recommendation for Pentax other than Pentax users!

@ least I use nikon but do recommend canon
    hahaha!

erm...Guys...i greatly appreciate your reply to my thread and recommendation to several DSLR. However, I would like to know of the SONY DSC-H9 which is semi-professional and i think that is quite an impressive camera.

However, after doing some "homework" on google reading critics from others, they seem to say that the sensor that sony uses might produce noise in the picture so i seek all of your guidance to guide me if i should get that.

Thanks!

You started out asking about DSLRs... so that is the advice you are going to get. Heh.

The DSC-H9 is not a DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by xxhellinvaderxx View Post
    However, after doing some "homework" on google reading critics from others, they seem to say that the sensor that sony uses might produce noise in the picture so i seek all of your guidance to guide me if i should get that.

Thanks!
    Unless you get a super-ex DSLR, you will always need to contend with ISO noise. As it is, the H9 is already very good in this regard. And it's not just the sensor Sony uses. It's common to ALL manufacturers. Look up some reviews on DPReview.

noise is not an issue if you have noise reducing software on Photoshop.

everyone have to start somewhere.. getting a DSLR now and later makes not much of a diff... get now when u still have the budget. If all talk and no action, u will end up at the spot u r at now... lol considering non stop.

Try go for Canon or Nikon... at least there is resale value if you think you are not interested with all these trouble handling a DSLR...

Quote Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
    noise is not an issue if you have noise reducing software on Photoshop.
    yup yup...hab..hm...din know of that till today...haha...thanks...found it on the web which shows screenshot of it...

Erm...then i think shouldn't be a problem in getting this camera

Very sorry if i change my mind in getting a prosumer one instead of DSLR...i apologies...
    However, i think i should go step by step...i am still a student and i will not be able to afford more lens in future instead, i think that i should get a prosumer one and polish up on my shooting techniques.

I know that getting a good camera and lenses are important but there are still other factor which i need to consider...

hm...I am greatly appreciate of everyones comments and guides...thanks..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12