Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73

Thread: i lost a 'friend' today.

  1. #21

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    good luck to u in the 'real world' when u start working
    esp in service line
    This is true. I was once rash, brash, outspoken, honest, direct, and whatever adjectives. Once i worked 6 years in service line, meeting different customers, rude ones, nice ones, even some idiotic ones i might have threaten with the kitchen bread knife.

    Still end of it all....it depends on how you handle it. To get a balance, you have to gauge it yourself, and not depend on other people's atitude towards you. =)

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    errz, my dear friend.

    i have been in the working world for .......ever since i've graduated.
    and i'm doing very well.i really mean very well.
    ah . i tot u still schooling. my bad

  3. #23

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I have many enemies too from being too honest. But I have many diehard friends too because I'm honest. I simply figure that the 20% that appeciated the "real" me are worth infinitely more than the 80% who only wanted to hear good stuff.

    i commend on the courage to speak the truth.

    as mentioned to you before, not everyone has the balls (to put it abruptly and in a crude way ) to speak their minds.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    This is true. I was once rash, brash, outspoken, honest, direct, and whatever adjectives. Once i worked 6 years in service line, meeting different customers, rude ones, nice ones, even some idiotic ones i might have threaten with the kitchen bread knife.

    Still end of it all....it depends on how you handle it. To get a balance, you have to gauge it yourself, and not depend on other people's atitude towards you. =)
    maybe we got to learn from jeanie, she says she's working very well with her current philosophy .

  5. #25

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    ah . i tot u still schooling. my bad
    if i'm still schooling and i have all the gears, i'll feel very ashamed.

    dont be surprised i'm older than you my dear.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    if i'm still schooling and i have all the gears, i'll feel very ashamed.

    dont be surprised i'm older than you my dear.
    eh ..confirm impossible. gear wise, confirm can, but age. :P

  7. #27
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    i'm sure we can have a proper discussion of what happened, except that i don't know for sure if it's william's thread you're talking about.

    i was gonna PM you, but then u openly post, so i'm replying here.

    i have alot to say about that thread, but then it's really none of my biz, except that william is a TRUE FRIEND of mine. one whom i see regularly, and talk even more often.

    so i will refrain from commenting until i'm sure what this thread is about.

    otherwise, on a general note, yeah, u win some u lose some. some win more than others, and i don't think it's becos they are fake or not as direct.

  8. #28

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    why bother? you didnt make a friend just to make yourself feel uncomfortable. if he/she can take it, it is their problem. just make it clear to them that this is the way you are.
    thanks.

    it has been very encouraging so far.

    the friend i lost is in CS itself.
    i feel the loss...really.
    cos i see him as my inspiration when i first joined CS.

  9. #29

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    i'm sure we can have a proper discussion of what happened, except that i don't know for sure if it's william's thread you're talking about.

    i was gonna PM you, but then u openly post, so i'm replying here.

    i have alot to say about that thread, but then it's really none of my biz, except that william is a TRUE FRIEND of mine. one whom i see regularly, and talk even more often.

    so i will refrain from commenting until i'm sure what this thread is about.

    otherwise, on a general note, yeah, u win some u lose some. some win more than others, and i don't think it's becos they are fake or not as direct.
    dont bring in names please.
    i didnt say who, and i have no intention to do so.
    so let's keep this anoynomous.

  10. #30
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    dont bring in names please.
    i didnt say who, and i have no intention to do so.
    so let's keep this anoynomous.
    yeah understood.

    that's what u've been to me all this while anyway.

  11. #31

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    yeah understood.

    that's what u've been to me all this while anyway.
    joho, i had enough for the day, dont bring in another issue into the thread ok?

    i remain anoynomous only to people i choose to remain anoynomous.
    for many others, we are good/best of friends just like you and william.

  12. #32

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    oh, i had a similar experience once. now i know to keep my mouth shut.

  13. #33

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75 View Post
    oh, i had a similar experience once. now i know to keep my mouth shut.
    so just because of one case and you pretty much changed your character to avoid future frictions with the rest of your friends?

    is it true of what other people in the world view singaporeans as?
    singaporeans dare not speak up?

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    there's a difference between truthful and bluntly rude.

    I've made many ppl who are rude hiding on the pretext of being truthful. And they all blame themselves for having little friends because they were truthful. One can be truthful with the sugarcoating.

    This is especially so for people who are very limited in their vocabulary. Usually limited to 'this sux' or the equivalent.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  15. #35

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i guess so.
    why do people always like to hear the good stuffs?
    ....
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    so just because of one case and you pretty much changed your character to avoid future frictions with the rest of your friends?

    is it true of what other people in the world view singaporeans as?
    singaporeans dare not speak up?
    yes it is true .... Singpaorean has this reputation.

    but like everthing, it's not absolutely ... there are a few who is willing to express their opinion ...

    please do not change for the worse ... but if you decide to stand up to your believes, be aware, there will be many detractors sniping at you ...
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  16. #36
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    3,723

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    sometimes i wonder if speaking the truth, speaking your heart out, shooting what's in your brain is really wrong.

    i use to admire this person's works.
    just because i was too frank, too outspoken,
    i believe i lost him as a friend, a fellow hobbyist.

    maybe i should change my character and put on a mask with a fake pretentious smile?

    i lost a friend today.and i'm sad.cos i value this 'friendship' very much.
    It happened to me too. Why must you be fake..

    Be yourself that is more important.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    sometimes i wonder if speaking the truth, speaking your heart out, shooting what's in your brain is really wrong.

    i use to admire this person's works.
    just because i was too frank, too outspoken,
    i believe i lost him as a friend, a fellow hobbyist.

    maybe i should change my character and put on a mask with a fake pretentious smile?

    i lost a friend today.and i'm sad.cos i value this 'friendship' very much.
    If i have a friend who is fat and ugly, can I tell her the truth? will I get wack if I tell her the plain truth?

  18. #38

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    yes it is true .... Singpaorean has this reputation.

    but like everthing, it's not absolutely ... there are a few who is willing to express their opinion ...

    please do not change for the worse ... but if you decide to stand up to your believes, be aware, there will be many detractors sniping at you ...
    i do not wish to be a target.
    maybe from now onwards i should learn to sing like angels.
    maybe?
    maybe?maybe?

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    If i have a friend who is fat and ugly, can I tell her the truth? will I get wack if I tell her the plain truth?
    becareful, she might sit on u

  20. #40
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    418

    Default Re: i lost a 'friend' today.

    A good book to recommend to you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •