Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slide mount DIY - how?

sorry ... here is the pic of my slide cutter with no mounting ..

taken by my DC

See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Hi CK, YS

where did u buy your rotary cutter from and how much did it cost?

re: slide mounting. In the process of throwing away lousy slides, I end up with a lot of empty plastic mounts which I simply reuse. So I alternate between ordering mounted and unmounted processing. Also, I use scissors In photo.net someone recommended simply cutting it within the sleeve if one is worried about dirt.

Originally posted by ckiang

Which kind of cutter? My "cutter for cutting photos" is a rotary one, not easy to use on slides.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by erwinx
    Hi CK, YS

re: slide mounting. In the process of throwing away lousy slides, I end up with a lot of empty plastic mounts which I simply reuse. So I alternate between ordering mounted and unmounted processing. Also, I use scissors In photo.net someone recommended simply cutting it within the sleeve if one is worried about dirt.

I bought my pape cutter from a stationery shop (Evergreen I think) for about $90 2 years ago. I also alternate between mounted and unmounted. But of late, I have been lazy to mount the unmounted stuff, especially when it's not that good. Saves me the trouble.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by erwinx

I think you can get it at popular bookstore ... saw a few types and selling for range from $20-$30 ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Originally posted by megaweb

I think you can get it at popular bookstore ... saw a few types and selling for range from $20-$30 ...
    Carrefour having sales for the Dahle paper cutters. A4 for $52 something, A3 for $90 something. Mine has served me well for 2 years and haven't failed me. Blade is still sharp.

Regards
    CK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12