Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: entering cinemas

  1. #1
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default entering cinemas

    Hi guys,

    Has anyone here gone to watch a movie premier at GV cinemas with your DSLR camera before.
    Cause I might be bringing in mine as i carry it most of the time.

    Just wondering if they will check everyone's bag.
    Or has anyone been prohibited to bring their DSLR camera in.

    Thanks


    OLD -
    Anyone here go wat priemier with ur dslr cam anot.
    do they reallie check ?
    Last edited by StrifeYun; 25th April 2007 at 05:17 PM.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    please do spell check before posting.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    No idea what you are trying to ask. This is a forum, you can't use sms lazy spelling, some people like me won't know what you are talking about.

  4. #4
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    oops hehe , paisei i also neber check
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  5. #5
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    okay okay edited my first post

    *GOMENASAI
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    brought in before, as long you are not using when the show is starting, they will not care.

    Most likely is those who are using them during the show will be prosecuted.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #7
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    brought in before, as long you are not using when the show is starting, they will not care.

    Most likely is those who are using them during the show will be prosecuted.
    Okay , thanks.

    I am just afraid that they might check my bag and put my $$ cam in a deposit box which i do not trust them with.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  8. #8

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    what good does a dSLR do in the cinema anyway?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Quote Originally Posted by michhy View Post
    what good does a dSLR do in the cinema anyway?
    well... not all ushers know the difference between a dslr and a videocam... they might even think its a state of the art super clarity 60fps video recorder with dolby digital surround mic...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well... not all ushers know the difference between a dslr and a videocam... they might even think its a state of the art super clarity 60fps video recorder with dolby digital surround mic...
    since they dunno, just tell them it is a gameboy

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    since they dunno, just tell them it is a gameboy
    your gameboy very big... call it gamedaddy better... with 50-500 attached, called gamemama...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Well.. I have entered cinemas plenty of times with DSLRs and even with obvious large camera bags as well.... they'd just look at you with a funny eye, tat's all...

    I've entered as well with tripods...

  13. #13

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    want to bring in, juz put in a bag, that wont be obvious, and don't act suspicious.
    Don't try to take photos in the hall with flash, you will just be testing your luck.
    I think consumer cameras and handphone cams photo taking in the hall, they will close one eye.

    Finally...you don't have to announce to the world that you are actually carrying the camera into the hall, when you are entering. It doesnt make sense. lol

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    i am very rude against those ignorant ushers...haha!!! i simply say... "get me more memory cards if u wan me string up the whole movie sequences..." but mostly they don't get it...
    Sony A700 - Sony A6300

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    your gameboy very big... call it gamedaddy better... with 50-500 attached, called gamemama...
    tell them the buttons on the DSLR are for firing, attack, action buttons, the LCD are where the game screen.

  16. #16

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Their rules are strict. I have been stopped for bring a plain loaf of bread into the cinema. Told them that it is not for consuming during the show and they stubbornly refused to let me to bring it in.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  17. #17

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Wah .. not sure is it GV, the cinema also stops people from bringing in handphone with camera

    http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Piss...53736/#1853736
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Wah .. not sure is it GV, the cinema also stops people from bringing in handphone with camera

    http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Piss...53736/#1853736
    what about notebook with webcam?

  19. #19

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    I have been stopped for bring a plain loaf of bread into the cinema.

    Wah....W.M.D

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: entering cinemas

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Their rules are strict. I have been stopped for bring a plain loaf of bread into the cinema. Told them that it is not for consuming during the show and they stubbornly refused to let me to bring it in.
    What do u do with the bread? U finish eating it then go into the cinema?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •