Thread: Palm sharewares for Photographers!

Default Palm sharewares for Photographers!

Recently I notice many ClubSNAPers also own a PalmOS device. Here are some Palm shareware that may be interesting to you folks.

1. Photographe 2.0 Logg

Application Description:
    The logger will automatically do bellow extension calculations, filter factor compensation, reciprocity correction (from reciprocity tables you create yourself, however my app ship with preset table for standard film). It allows the photographer to set up as many camera bodies as desired and allows switching from one to another very easily, keeping the current setting per camera (lens, filter, format, extension, roll .

You can download this shareware here .

2. Photographe 2.0 Dept

Application Description:
    Allows you to see the field of focus for a given set of lens/circle of confusion/distance/aperture. Uses diffraction correction in all calculations if desired. The aperture finder gives you the correct distance/aperture for two given distances that must be in focus, and more! All calculations are done in real time, as you type in the data and are performed in meters or feet with extreme accuracy.

3. pCAM 1.81

Application Description:
    pCAM by Dian Suharto and David Eubank
    This program is designed for cinematographers, photographers and CCTV system designers to calculate Field-of-View and Depth-of-Field. It is useful for quickly determining matching lenses and distances, apertures for split focus, hyperfocal and depth-of-field calculations. Includes all of the commonly-used film formats/aspect ratios; 10 user-definable fields (to add your own formats); a lens database (for up to 20 of your favorite lenses); hard up/down keys for fast distance and focal length changes; plus handy graphical displays of Angle-of-View, Image Size, Depth-of-Field and Field-of-View. Includes a detailed text file to instruct the user and free tech support from both the programmer and a first camera assistant working in the field. More info available at David Eubank's home page at David Eubank homepage.

4. pCINE 1.11

Application Description:
    pCINE by David Eubank and Dian Suharto

This program is designed for cinematographers and is a companion to the popular pCAM.
    It calculates EXPOSURE (compensating for changes in shutter angles, camera speed, filter factors, emulsion speeds, ND filters, ASA-EI-DIN, Footcandles/Lux and exposure times), RUNNING TIME to FILM LENGTH, SHOOTING SPEED to SCREEN TIME, TIME LAPSE, HMI (safe speeds & shutters), DIOPTER (power & focus distances), MACRO (magnification factors, depth of field & stop corrections), COLOR CORRECTION, SCENE ILLUMINATION, LIGHT COVERAGE and UNDERWATER distances.
    Includes a detailed instruction manual and free tech support from both the programmer and a first camera assistant working in the field.

Enjoy!

Is this for real??? Ha! I was just about to create a new thread asking if anyone have any recommendations for Palm software for photographers when I spotted this thread! Had in fact already clicked on the "new thread" icon when, due to the lag time of opening the page, I caught the word 'Palm'.

Thanks!

I am trying to find a software that just basically allows me to keep track of the settings for each of my shot. Any reccomendations? Preferably freeware.

Wow! Thanks Jason...

Originally posted by elutris
    I am trying to find a software that just basically allows me to keep track of the settings for each of my shot. Any reccomendations? Preferably freeware.
    do you mean something that allows you to link the camera straight to the Palm, or just a simple program for you to record the settings for each shot manually?

Originally posted by Larry
    do you mean something that allows you to link the camera straight to the Palm, or just a simple program for you to record the settings for each shot manually?
    just a simple program to record the settings for each shot manually. Unless you have an easier way to do so without me changing my Nikon F80D. Yes, I know I should have bought the F80S. Erm, no way to upgrade already right?

Just did some searching around and there are are few more programs over here http://www.palmspot.com/software/Graphics/Photo/

Deregistered

Great links. Thanks!

Err...upgraded from Palm to PocketPC.
    Any similar software for the PPC ?

thanks..darkavgr