Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Singnet extremely slow these few days

Default Re: Singnet extremely slow these few days

I thought not only Singnet but also other ISPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Fumiryu View Post
    I thought not only Singnet but also other ISPs?
    Singnet is the worst.

talk about a hi tech society.

yah... singnet sucks. i very pek chek... kana stuck with contract!!!

i just signed up for singnet and it is up today. so far so good. my pacnet will terminate end of this month. just did a speed test and speed are comparable (pacnet is slightly faster). btw, i'm staying in woodlands.

Been using Singnet for more than 3 years for extensive use of work.
    No issue found so far and very happy with their high availability.

Singnet

Something must be very wrong with them these few days!

I just checked my line, and I'm getting a download speed of only 290kbps, when my plan is 10mbps!!!!

It has been alright for a while, but today.....

And for a while, I couldn't even get to their mail server to download my mails....

Everything fine for me, staying in Yew Tee.
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

No slowness for me too. Tampines. SingNet ADSL 3.5M plan.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Singnet was ok for me for 2 months. But when things start going wrong, they are completely clueless. Also, their response time to fix the line is terrible.

Operationally, they are all right when things go well. Just pray that nothing goes wrong... because you have to be prepared for the frustration.

I mean... the product is very simple. All we want is a good and clean connection. When it is there, things are good. When it's not there, things are bad. When it's not there and they are clueless, plus they take very long to fix it, then things are terrible.

Yesterday, when I tried to connect to my line at 8+pm, it was impossible to logon. Then at around 9:20pm, I could logon for about 20 mins, with good connection and speed. Then after that, I got thrown out and that's the end of the story... And it's almost the same story every night.

btw, I told them the problem occurs during peak hours. But they want to come down on Sun 6 May, which is completely off-peak. They refuse to do it during peak hours. They just want to prove to me that life is good during off-peak... but I have already told them that! Why can't they just listen???
    Last edited by nottipiglet; 27th April 2007 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    so far my home and office seem ok at Jurong area.
    my downloading program is not working well these 2 day though, not sure it's related or not
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Sigh...

My internet worked very well on Friday night. My gues is, the Bit Torrent and MP3 downloaders were out partying somewhere... so, no resource overload.

So, the Singnet people called me this morning to ask if they can cancel the lines check. I said fine. Then I turned on my PC to surf... Guess what, the problem was back! My modem said that Resource Busy or Not Available when I tried to connect to Singnet, even though the ADSL signal was strong.

So, I called them to fix-up the appointment again. Guess what... they gave my slot away, so I must wait longer now.

They resetted my connection over the phone. Then I could connect... but at very very slow speed (about 100kbps which is only slightly better than dialup).

What lousy service! What lousy planning! I'm very pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    no use one.... a lot of people already complained to all public sources and kan them up side down left right already... but its useless, their service just keep screw up everytime...

and the worst thing is, ppl still keep subscribing to them because of their freebies, DESPITE all the complaints known already. And everytime every month, we will have ppl complaining abt poor internet connection in clubsnap.

I first signed up for the Jetpack plan years ago cos it was cheap broadband... no freebies, no problems with the internet either.

One year ago they were giving away a Lenovo laptop with subscription of wireless broadband (highest speed), almost $100 a month in subscription with a 3 year lock-in period. Stupid me signed up and the problems just keep cropping up.

My internet is back up but it's a lot slower now. I really hate Singnet.
    More bang for your buck!

No problem with Singnet, most of the time is good and fast enough for my usage.

The only time it gets worse, is when there is a heavy rain or lightning, the line may get disconnect.

Singnet service is terrible. But that is what i have experience for other ISP. So, they are the same to me.

Singapore is not as well wired as the gahmen is touting it to be.

I also have similar problems.. especially at night. Certain days my whole household completely can't get connected to the net at 1-4am..

Quote Originally Posted by zemotion View Post
    I also have similar problems.. especially at night. Certain days my whole household completely can't get connected to the net at 1-4am..
    serious????? this is a very serious problem....

singnet ALWAYS claimed and advertised that their line is DEDICATED, and NOT SHARED, and claimed that this is is best.

true FACT: They cant even win starhub who is having a shared pipe............................
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Look! Device or Resource Busy!!! Perhaps that's their problem. Dedicated! Cannot Share! When the bus is full, you cannot get on? In such a scenario, I would prefer to go on the bus and stand.... but no chance!. No more dedicated seats for you!

Worse still, I think they know something... That's why the technician called me on Saturday morning, knowing that on Friday night, I would have good connection since it's not very busy then. So I would agree to give up my appointment with the linesman because the weekend slots are very full!

So, next time, if you have an appointment with the linesman, never be conned and give up your slot! Ask him to come and drink tea also good! The linesman slots are so difficult to get. They don't work at night when people are home, and the next weekend slot is usually about 2 weeks away!
    Last edited by nottipiglet; 28th April 2007 at 07:01 PM.

If you are wondering why I am eagerly awaiting the linesman... It's because they refuse to do anything until the linesman comes. It's their modus operandi.

Another funny thing... When you call their useless technical hotline and voice your displeasure, the operator will sometimes try to get you to hangup before being transferred to the phone survey. Don't let them do it.
    Last edited by nottipiglet; 28th April 2007 at 07:06 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast