Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell 27 inch monitor users, please help

Default Re: Dell 27 inch monitor users, please help

Blog Entries

consider
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Eizo_ColorEd...8.html?tag=txt

The good: Superb image quality; excellent color and grayscale; sharp focus; includes color calibration software.

The bad: Very expensive; requires additional hardware for precise color calibration.

The bottom line: Eizo's pricey ColorEdge CG18 is an LCD for graphic design pros who require absolutely precise colors and extremely high image quality.

Blog Entries

or a 2 screen setup

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    or a 2 screen setup

"poison" lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    "poison" lol
    that is not poison ....

this is

Hmm.. I am using the Dell 2707 but i do not get the same problem. Color consistency is pretty ok.. acceptable.. BUT.. not as good as my Lacie 321. I use the dell for general editing but the lacie for precise color editing even though the color gamut of the lacie is less than that of the DELL.

Maybe its just the batch.

Quote Originally Posted by cibs View Post
    Hmm.. I am using the Dell 2707 but i do not get the same problem. Color consistency is pretty ok.. acceptable.. BUT.. not as good as my Lacie 321. I use the dell for general editing but the lacie for precise color editing even though the color gamut of the lacie is less than that of the DELL.

Maybe its just the batch.
    try opening a same image (preferably portrait) in photoshop and put both the pics at extreme ends.one left, one right.
    compare the colors.
    no problem?

i went to a friend's place yesterday who's using the 27 dell too.
    SAME problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    funny thing is i have more than 50 pairs of heels and i dont think twice buying them.
    i guess a pair of heels does not cost you 1800$

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    i guess a pair of heels does not cost you 1800$
    if it's prada, gucci or LV limited editions, it might.

if it's prada, gucci or LV limited editions, it might.
    Just some comments for jeanie:

1) I never really read the whole thread very carefully, but have u tried the 2707 with another PC/notebook aka having a different graphic card? . Wats the brand of the graphic card u using? And U using XP, not vista i supposed?

2) Apple LCD are good, but they are of some age and due for a refresh. Apple is using some old but very good panels for their LCDs as they consider graphic pple to be using their monitors. So the color stuff are amost neg. in the setup. But response time is very high for gaming, 16ms if IIRC.

3) If u r very particular abt color gamut and precision, its really time to conisder brands like Eizo, NEC, Mitsubishi and stuff. Worse come to worse, a CRT. Still, LCD up to now cant really match up to wat a CRT can produce, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post

1) I never really read the whole thread very carefully, but have u tried the 2707 with another PC/notebook aka having a different graphic card? . Wats the brand of the graphic card u using? And U using XP, not vista i supposed?

2) Apple LCD are good, but they are of some age and due for a refresh. Apple is using some old but very good panels for their LCDs as they consider graphic pple to be using their monitors. So the color stuff are amost neg. in the setup. But response time is very high for gaming, 16ms if IIRC.

3) If u r very particular abt color gamut and precision, its really time to conisder brands like Eizo, NEC, Mitsubishi and stuff. Worse come to worse, a CRT. Still, LCD up to now cant really match up to wat a CRT can produce, yet.

thanks for the advice.

1)yes.tried.graphics card is geforce 7600GT nvidia.

2)yup.specs for apple sucks, but i read reviews the color reproduction beats alot of monitors.
    16ms for response time is lousy IMHO.

3)crt is out.no way.it's very unglam and ugly
    totally wont fit into my room decor.

try opening a same image (preferably portrait) in photoshop and put both the pics at extreme ends.one left, one right.
    compare the colors.
    no problem?

i went to a friend's place yesterday who's using the 27 dell too.
    SAME problem.
    Tried it.. no problems... colors are same at all four corners...
    I'm using a mac with dual graphic cards for its individual LUT but I dont think that would matter..
    One thing to note though.. my LCDs are running 24-7. I do not turn them off. If I do.. then I run into colour casts in the first 45 mins of operation but once its running everything is ok.. it may not be as long if your lcd is not under 24-7 airconditioning as my work area.

....Worse come to worse, a CRT. Still, LCD up to now cant really match up to wat a CRT can produce, yet.
    Correction.. cant match up to a moderately priced CRT but the new LED LCDs are incredible.. of course for a kidney and 3 gallons of blood...

BTW, Jeannie, have u calibrated ur panel? Also, is it possible that you are viewing the LCD from too close? Trying a viewing distance of about 3 ft.. these large grain pixel lcds are not meant for up close and personal viewing.. Also, is it possible that what you percieve as color change is actually change in contrast due to the viewing angles?
    Last edited by cibs; 27th April 2007 at 07:29 PM.

thanks for the advice.

1)yes.tried.graphics card is geforce 7600GT nvidia.

2)yup.specs for apple sucks, but i read reviews the color reproduction beats alot of monitors.
    16ms for response time is lousy IMHO.

3)crt is out.no way.it's very unglam and ugly
    totally wont fit into my room decor.
    OK...have u tried the latest Nvidia driver and do all those screen adjustment settings instead of ur monitor way of settings?

Since u said u tried on diff PC/notebook, it maybe the LCD problem itself. Although not really possible, u can try to tok to Dell rep to get u another batch or refund. Till now, no much pple are having this monitor due to pricing. So cant really get u more info on this. The popular models are the 2007 and 2407 models....

As for Apple Cinema Display (ACD), u can close one eye on the response time if u are not into gaming. MOvie wise, i feel it is ok on a 20" and 30" ACD. Dun really feel ghosting. Numbers tell one thing. Seeing it in action might tell u another.

Go to iShop by Club21 to view the ACDs. The staff there are also more friendly and techincally geared up. U can even ask the Repair service counter pple abt ur qn if u wan, since these guys are trained and certified by Apple.

Last thing, I heard Nividia drivers have a lot of issues with Win Vista. But I assume u still using XP.

I dunno, the money for a 2707 can get u a new iMac. Maybe u can consider that path. It does windows too FYI..

Cheers!
    Last edited by cjl; 27th April 2007 at 09:48 PM.

Correction.. cant match up to a moderately priced CRT but the new LED LCDs are incredible.. of course for a kidney and 3 gallons of blood...
    LED LCD is not available for gen public isnt it?
    Even so, think need to have at least 2 years for the general affordable price range...

BTW, Jeannie, have u calibrated ur panel? Also, is it possible that you are viewing the LCD from too close? Trying a viewing distance of about 3 ft.. these large grain pixel lcds are not meant for up close and personal viewing.. Also, is it possible that what you percieve as color change is actually change in contrast due to the viewing angles?
    yes calibrated.
    i also tried viewing from far.up to 2 meters but i think that's extreme.

the viewing angle thing could be possible but i am sitting right smack in the center of the lcd.
    shouldnt they make the LCD to be viewed optimally from the center?

OK...have u tried the latest Nvidia driver and do all those screen adjustment settings instead of ur monitor way of settings?

Since u said u tried on diff PC/notebook, it maybe the LCD problem itself. Although not really possible, u can try to tok to Dell rep to get u another batch or refund. Till now, no much pple are having this monitor due to pricing. So cant really get u more info on this. The popular models are the 2007 and 2407 models....

As for Apple Cinema Display (ACD), u can close one eye on the response time if u are not into gaming. MOvie wise, i feel it is ok on a 20" and 30" ACD. Dun really feel ghosting. Numbers tell one thing. Seeing it in action might tell u another.

Go to iShop by Club21 to view the ACDs. The staff there are also more friendly and techincally geared up. U can even ask the Repair service counter pple abt ur qn if u wan, since these guys are trained and certified by Apple.

Last thing, I heard Nividia drivers have a lot of issues with Win Vista. But I assume u still using XP.

I dunno, the money for a 2707 can get u a new iMac. Maybe u can consider that path. It does windows too FYI..

Cheers!
    still deciding what to get.in the end, i may really get an eizo.sigh...
    this monitor thingy is really giving me headaches.now i dont even know to continue doing my pics or not.
    else, all colors wrong, waste time and effort.

LED LCD is not available for gen public isnt it?
    Even so, think need to have at least 2 years for the general affordable price range...
    Available to public, yess.. affordable.. not quite.. its about $7k++ each.

yes calibrated.
    i also tried viewing from far.up to 2 meters but i think that's extreme.

the viewing angle thing could be possible but i am sitting right smack in the center of the lcd.
    shouldnt they make the LCD to be viewed optimally from the center?
    hmm.. viewing angle is an issue because I do see a slight drop in contrast if I am sitting too close to the centre. If i move my view dead centre or move the pics to the centre.. contrast is higher..

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast