Default Re: Dell 27 inch monitor users, please help

get a CRT

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    get a CRT

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    eh a good crt also not cheap one leh.

u in hurry to buy one ? dont rush lah. not like u depend ur life on it now.

can always go and take a look after work or weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    eh a good crt also not cheap one leh.

u in hurry to buy one ? dont rush lah. not like u depend ur life on it now.

can always go and take a look after work or weekend.
    i still got tons of pics not processed.and every day go home noticing the color prob just pisses me off.

Blog Entries

spec wise, wins hands down

i still got tons of pics not processed.and every day go home noticing the color prob just pisses me off.
    those pic for urself or wat? ur client?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    spec wise, wins hands down
    so what justify to get the mac monitor other than it being 30 inch and very chio on the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    those pic for urself or wat? ur client?
    my friends.i dont shoot professionally.(for a living, that is).

my friends.i dont shoot professionally.(for a living, that is).
    heh.. see.. u got the time to slowly hunt for a lcd/crt.

Blog Entries

so what justify to get the mac monitor other than it being 30 inch and very chio on the outside?
    it does what it is suppose to do and does it well

guys, judgin from specs, it's definitely not as good as the dell right?

sigh...i really dont have time go shopping now.if i want, i'll just send my colleague to get it for me.so really need you guys' advice.
    specs does not tell the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon View Post
    specs does not tell the whole picture.
    so what does?

so what does?
    aiya, tot so many people said already, go and view it for yourself

take a deep breath... stop rushing around... take in all the facts and then make a decision... and make it your decision... 50 people will give you 50 different opinions... the more your rush, the higher chance you might make a mistake, the more chance you will waste money...

shop around and find the best deal... find the monitor that suites you... its like buying shoes... you have to look at it, see how it works or rather whether it works for you at that price point... shopping and buying is a personal thing and its best done in person... with advice from others, sure, but with you making the decision... the best monitor out there (NEC LumiLED LCD2180WGLEDBKSV ) might not be the one for you...
    Last edited by theRBK; 25th April 2007 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    take a deep breath... stop rushing around... take in all the facts and then make a decision... and make it your decision... 50 people will give you 50 different opinions... the more your rush, the higher chance you might make a mistake, the more chance you will waste money...

shop around and find the best deal... find the monitor that suites you... its like buying shoes... you have to look at it, see how it works or rather whether it works for you at that price point... shopping and buying is a personal thing and its best done in person... with advice from others, sure, but with you making the decision... the best monitor out there (NEC LumiLED LCD2180WGLEDBKSV ) might not be the one for you...
    funny thing is i have more than 50 pairs of heels and i dont think twice buying them.

funny thing is i have more than 50 pairs of heels and i dont think twice buying them.
    lol then u dont need ppl to give u suggetion/how to solve ur problem liao..just buy .. no need think

this is what my technical support from my office sent me.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_2707WFP....html?tag=also

do take a read.really interesting.

well, if you have the space and money to buy 50 monitors that's fine, but if not, you have to make a decision...

All of these overactive whites and black blacks serve to make saturated colors in movies, photos, and graphics practically leap off the screen. Likewise, extremely light colors remain visible and defined. The 2707WFP has no gamut-mapping problems at these extremes. However, at various levels of saturation between the two extremes--the middle 55 percent or so--there are pockets of colors that the display can't reproduce properly. This display also has poor brightness uniformity: on a black screen, you can clearly see light emanating from three of the four corners. There's also various red and green color contamination visible in grayscale midtones, and lighter blues look positively purple.

All these factors explain some of our Labs' observations during testing, including soft, grainy, noisy video on one hand but sharp, detailed games with highly saturated colors on the other. Note that the noise we observed wasn't something introduced by the 2707WFP--it's just that the by-product of having such a bright screen is that it exposes all the faults of the source material. The bottom line is that your vacation snapshots will look great, but you don't want to do any color-critical work on this monster. (It's a common fallacy among marketers that "vivid colors" is synonymous with "great for digital imaging" and "accurate colors.") And videos look great at actual resolution but considerably worse when filling the screen TV style. However, that's somewhat to be expected when watching a DVD from only a foot away.

All of these overactive whites and black blacks serve to make saturated colors in movies, photos, and graphics practically leap off the screen. Likewise, extremely light colors remain visible and defined. The 2707WFP has no gamut-mapping problems at these extremes. However, at various levels of saturation between the two extremes--the middle 55 percent or so--there are pockets of colors that the display can't reproduce properly. This display also has poor brightness uniformity: on a black screen, you can clearly see light emanating from three of the four corners. There's also various red and green color contamination visible in grayscale midtones, and lighter blues look positively purple.

All these factors explain some of our Labs' observations during testing, including soft, grainy, noisy video on one hand but sharp, detailed games with highly saturated colors on the other. Note that the noise we observed wasn't something introduced by the 2707WFP--it's just that the by-product of having such a bright screen is that it exposes all the faults of the source material. The bottom line is that your vacation snapshots will look great, but you don't want to do any color-critical work on this monster. (It's a common fallacy among marketers that "vivid colors" is synonymous with "great for digital imaging" and "accurate colors.") And videos look great at actual resolution but considerably worse when filling the screen TV style. However, that's somewhat to be expected when watching a DVD from only a foot away.

so meaning they wont do refund? time to do some shopping

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast