View Poll Results: Which diffuser would you get?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flash Diffuser

    27 46.55%
  • Softdome Diffuser

    11 18.97%
  • Inflatable Flashgun Softbox

    3 5.17%
  • others

    17 29.31%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Flash Diffuser: which one?

  1. #1

    Default Flash Diffuser: which one?

    Helloe guys & gals!

    i noe that there was a previous thread some time back regarding this, but i just want to get honest feedback from you guys.

    so which one would you prefer?

    i'm planning of getting one myself. But dunnoe which one. i fancy the softbox though.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    What do they look like?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    Flip-it! the variable-angle flash diffuser:

    http://www.dembflashproducts.com/diffuser/instructions/

  4. #4

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    I second the Flip-It. Compared to the Omnibounce I have, it is much better.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    Stofen:


    Softdome:


    inflatable softbox:

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    How is the flip it compared to the LPSJ2

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    Which diffuser would you get?
    Flash Diffuser
    Softdome Diffuser
    Inflatable Flashgun Softbox
    others
    I would hate to blow up an Inflatable Softbox.

    If any inflatable I blow up, it has to either help me float in water or give me extreme pleasure.
    Last edited by Sion; 24th April 2007 at 04:54 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    wow...thanks for the images.

    What about that one Willy uses?

    The round round one with ripples or rings?

    similar to a stofen but transparent?


    and no...it's not a corny joke.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    wow...thanks for the images.

    What about that one Willy uses?

    The round round one with ripples or rings?

    similar to a stofen but transparent?


    and no...it's not a corny joke.
    You mean Lightsphere for Men?

    It sure makes the head bigger.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    How is the flip it compared to the LPSJ2
    I don't know what is LPSJ2.

    But Flip-it is compact.

    You can fold it and slip it in a camera bag without taking up too much space.

    You have the double advantage of bounce and diffuse the light.

    Take the diffuser off you have only the bounce light.

    And the angel of the bounce card is adjustable.

    You don't have to blow up anything.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I don't know what is LPSJ2.

    But Flip-it is compact.

    You can fold it and slip it in a camera bag without taking up too much space.

    You have the double advantage of bounce and diffuse the light.

    Take the diffuser off you have only the bounce light.

    And the angel of the bounce card is adjustable.

    You don't have to blow up anything.

    Sorry, what I mean is Gary Fong's Lightsphere 2

  12. #12

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    hahahaha. corny jokes aside,

    many have been reccomending the Flip-it. Maybe i'll get it from pixelsandparts website.

    any other place cheaper?

    initially, i wanted to get the softbox, kinda cool.
    this is also based on past threads that say that the omnibouce is not that good.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    I ordered my Flip-it from www.dembflashproducts.com direct and paid them by credit card.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    You guys got any examples used with the flip - it?
    tempting. but over budget for the short term.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    ParkertR wrote a great and extensive review with examples on it at:

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...hlight=flip+it

  16. #16
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    Different devices have differtn uses. I havea lmost all of them, and in general,t he bigger they are, the better they work, but the more power they suck, and the more bulky/unwieldy they are.

    I find the best balance using the Stofen and a bounce card.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A place where no man can enter
    Posts
    646

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    i prefer the stofen omnibounce....
    but i feel that flip and gary fong are better than stofen....i prefer it because it is more compact and less attracting attention.....

  18. #18

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    sorry ot abit .. wats a omnibounce used for ?

  19. #19
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    I been using homemade bounce card, justbounce card, omnibounce, LS I, LS PJ II, thebetterbounce card, all have it strength and weakness, some are compact but not effective, some give great results but bulky, some work best in confine indoor area, some work best in more open area,

    have not found one device is universal, so I have LS PJ II, thebetterbounce card, justbounce card in my camera bag, will use one of this depend what situation I encounter with, but one thing for sure, I don't use any of this at a outdoor open area.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  20. #20
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Flash Diffuser: which one?

    Heh, I second this...I've always found it weird seeing people using huge LS' for outdoor shoots in bright daylight.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I been using homemade bounce card, justbounce card, omnibounce, LS I, LS PJ II, thebetterbounce card, all have it strength and weakness, some are compact but not effective, some give great results but bulky, some work best in confine indoor area, some work best in more open area,

    have not found one device is universal, so I have LS PJ II, thebetterbounce card, justbounce card in my camera bag, will use one of this depend what situation I encounter with, but one thing for sure, I don't use any of this at a outdoor open area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •