Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kissing in class photo

Originally posted by ckiang
    I took a look at the photo, isn't the teacher IN the picture? There's really no possibility that the act could have happened without the teacher's notice. Unless she's hypnotised or something.

Regards
    CK
    apparently it was reported that they did as juz as the photographer said: "3!" so nobody noticed.. how much of this is true i oso dunno..

Originally posted by Linkster
    apparently it was reported that they did as juz as the photographer said: "3!" so nobody noticed.. how much of this is true i oso dunno..
    I don't buy their story. How can that happen?

Photog: "Ok, now let's have a fun, informal shot. 1st row, give a shocked expression. blah blah. On the count of 3, you 2 girls give a quick peck to each other"

Otherwise, how to stage that? If the 2 girls are not kissing in the photo, then the people act shocked for what? And at the moment of exposure, the teacher there never see? Cannot be, unless blinded by 10 flash guns.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by StreetShooter

5. I think all of us can learn a lesson from the conclusion of the matter:

'They must learn that whatever they do, no matter how trivial, these actions may not be interpreted in the same way by others,' he said.

'They must consider that the effects and consequences may be damaging.'
    Amen!

This was basically what I was driving at.

I somehow think that everyone viewed it as a fun comical shot with no negative intent, until the photo got circulated, stories started being passed, the press informed and the people higher up started to panic. However, the iron-fisted attempt to hush up the matter only seems to have made it worse and generated a newsworthy story out of nothing.

Originally posted by ckiang
    I don't buy their story. How can that happen?

Photog: "Ok, now let's have a fun, informal shot. 1st row, give a shocked expression. blah blah. On the count of 3, you 2 girls give a quick peck to each other"

Otherwise, how to stage that? If the 2 girls are not kissing in the photo, then the people act shocked for what? And at the moment of exposure, the teacher there never see? Cannot be, unless blinded by 10 flash guns.

Regards
    CK
    no no.. it wasn't the photographer's idea.. it was the girls' idea to do watever they did at the photographer's count of three..

so photographer says: "1... 2..." and at "3!" the girls quickly did their 'pose'.. at least that's wat i understood from the newspaper article on The New Paper la..

Every one is entitled to their own believes. The issue is this: does two girls kissing == 2 lesbians? If not, why the big hoo har? I think the problem is that some people WISH or FANTASISE that they are, shocked by their own "dirty" (<- this word again is in their own opinion) thought, make big noise just to cover up their own weakness.
    Last edited by Watcher; 18th March 2003 at 12:48 PM.

*Flame suit on*

1. I believe homosexuality (whether male or female) is wrong, because it's against nature, and because Someone said so explicitly.

*Flame suit off*

You are entitled to your view; you should be allowed to express your view; just don't insist that others MUST follow your view; that would definately lead to flaming... However, the strange thing is that anthropologists have documented homosexual acts and "couples" for wild dolphins and apes, so by definition, it is not "unnatural" .

5. I think all of us can learn a lesson from the conclusion of the matter:

'They must learn that whatever they do, no matter how trivial, these actions may not be interpreted in the same way by others,' he said.

'They must consider that the effects and consequences may be damaging.'
    Frankly, the "dirtyness" is in the mind of these old men. How can a non-sexual act (kissing, a poised one at that) imply the girls' sexual orientation? The leap in logic is all in the mind...
    Last edited by Watcher; 18th March 2003 at 12:50 PM.

Sin
    Guests

*Flame suit on*

1. I believe homosexuality (whether male or female) is wrong, because it's against nature, and because Someone said so explicitly.

*Flame suit off*
    OK, since the suit is on, I'll have fun with another potentially flammable topic.......

I guess Someone didn't explicitly say "incest" is wrong huh?
    Think about it, there was Adam and Eve, and their children....ever wonder who Cain and Abel married?

For those who are offended......... well read my sig.
    (errrrr...wait wait, is this going OT liao?)

Originally posted by Sin
    OK, since the suit is on, I'll have fun with another potentially flammable topic.......

I guess Someone didn't explicitly say "incest" is wrong huh?
    Think about it, there was Adam and Eve, and their children....ever wonder who Cain and Abel married?
    Don't think this is a flammable topic. Have been trying to find out the answer abt the Adam & Eve one but to no avail. Maybe someone can enlighten me/us.

Default aiyah

Well life is like a donkey..

>One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously
    >for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

>

>Finally he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up

>anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his

>neighbors to come over and help him. They each grabbed a shovel and began to

>shovel dirt into the well.

>

>At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then,

>to everyone's amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the

>farmer looked down the well, and was astonished at what he saw.

>

>As every shovel of dirt hit his back, the donkey did something amazing. He

>would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued

>to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step

>up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed, as the donkey stepped up over the edge

>of the well and trotted off.

>

>The Moral: Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick

>to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up.

>

>Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest

>wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step

>up!

>

>Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

>1. Free yourheart from hatred.

>2. Free your mind from worries.

>3. Live simply.

>4. Give more.

>5. Expect less.

>

>O.K., that's enough of that BULLSHIT. ...

>

>The donkey later came back, caught the farmer out in the field and kicked the **** out of him. Then he went over to each of his neighbors farms and kicked the **** out of them too for helping.

>

>The REAL Moral of this story .....When you try to cover your ass, it always comes back to get you.

>

i like that last ending portion...

Originally posted by Linkster
    no no.. it wasn't the photographer's idea.. it was the girls' idea to do watever they did at the photographer's count of three..

so photographer says: "1... 2..." and at "3!" the girls quickly did their 'pose'.. at least that's wat i understood from the newspaper article on The New Paper la..
    Then it's all pre-planned, otherwise how to coordinate the poses of the rest of the people (e.g. the shocked look on the first row etc)? Anyway, no way the teacher present in the shock didn't see.

Like Zeroster said, it's probably blown out of proportion.

Regards
    CK

*Flame suit on*

'
    [/B]
    for your information homosexuality is part of nature (i do not accept as well). even animals exibits homosexuality (that's is you have watch national geographic frequently u will know).

Originally posted by naresh666
    personally i find the comments that wat they did is wrong and disgraceful just shows how backwards we are culturally. Homosexuality(i am not saying the girls are..) is a personal matter. Every human has their right to choose how to live their lives. Asians are just too conservative (read as : not keeping up with times) Watch the Godfather and u will notice Al Pacino kiss his brother on the lips in anger saying " U broke my hear". Kissing is a physical matter. U can lip locl with a person and not fell a tingle of feeling and at the same time u can kiss a person on the cheek and u will feel like u are in heaven. We are just culturally backward. If it were my daughter.... i would let her make her own decisions and not be the TYPICAL asian parent who forces their child into wat they believe and grew up on. and the culturally backward thing not only applies to Human Sexuality but to all other topics. Take and ad and ppl in Sg make a hoo ha that is indecent. But ads have a totallly different perspective in the states , Uk and elsewhere. Even Japan and HK have matured and yet we still live with the kampong mentality .. its really sad ...
    define culturally backward.
    i dun see y western culture as opposed to asian culture should be defined as more 'forward'. to me no one has to right to define that coz its 2 diff mentality. imagine if an angmoh comes up to u and says wow i can't believe u're so culturally backward..u're still using chopsticks to eat? well i'll juz fu.ck him upside down if that really happens

Originally posted by naresh666
    hehe maybe we all might not be here in 25 yrs, Apocalypse is appraoching. anyway , most ppl ARE backwards culturally in Sg and u can see from some of the posts here. Wat i am saying is not to force that mentality unto another.
    Apocalypse?
    save ur religious comments somewhere else.
    u're juz inviting flamers.

yeah like this thread does nt already have flames going on. Please man, get ur head out or ur @$$. Apocalypse means end of the world . i meant it in a non religious way .. whichever one u were talking about. regarding the war. wats up with u?

well u should've phrased it better

snowman
    Guests

even it is a boy n a girl... it would have the same effect....

Singaporeans like to complain... dun they?? and probably 'scared lose face'

Originally posted by Watcher
    However, the strange thing is that anthropologists have documented homosexual acts and "couples" for wild dolphins and apes, so by definition, it is not "unnatural" .
    With illegal dumping of toxic wastes, research and experiments on DNA, biological and chemical weapons and whole a lot of other undisclosed stuff, I'm inclined to think that the line between what's really natural and what's not isn't all that clear anymore.

It's like, how do you know that the chicken you're eating is genetically the same as the one that existed possibly 1000 years ago?

Originally posted by imaginary_number
    It's like, how do you know that the chicken you're eating is genetically the same as the one that existed possibly 1000 years ago?
    that sounds strangely like the urban legend of KFC chickens being these mutanted featherless, beakless mutant chickens fed with nutrient tubes aka Matrix-style...

I don't mind of this two girls action. It is not that I'm supporting them. Can someone introduce them to me, I'm kind of friendly type.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast