Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone wants to work in Botswana, Africa?

Default Re: Anyone wants to work in Botswana, Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by ryosae View Post
    :|
    r u seriousss?
    whoaaa i wanttt
    any finance side opening?
    *grin
    Sorry, only need software engineers and system engineers
    Didn't know so many people interested to go there. I don't feel like going back there

I'll post some pic of botswana in the cityscape when I'm free.

software engineers or programmers? or programmers using the title of software engineer?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    software engineers or programmers? or programmers using the title of software engineer?
    programmer = programmer
    software engineer = programmer + system engineer + security engineer :bsimilie:

Hey Jaycelim

Sorry all my photos are on slide format and also dunno where they are! Also dunno how to convert to digital.

If you like ruggedness and natural beauty - You gotta get out to the Delta/Tsodillo Hills. Although it was over 10 years ago when I was last there.

Okavaga Delta - stay in one of the lodges - had some great boat trips on the delta

Tsodillo Hills, Khalahari - Spent 1.5 months building a road and doing conservation work. The rocks are alive - pure magic combined with wilderness and 2 tribes (Bantu who run the area and Mmbukushu - who are a minor tribe)! If you like ancient art, this is the place to go and camp out a couple of days (ref Laurence Van der Post). There is a mountain called the Father - it is v.exposed. There are several other rocky outcrops called the Mother, Child and Baby. Bantu folklore has it that a man and woman landed on the Mother and were the first humans on the Earth.

Anyway if you do decide to camp there - if things have not changed - would advise you register with the Bantu tribe - otherwise may get a gun to the head (as a rekkie from our camp did!!!).

P.S. I write login scripts for AD using ADSI/WMI. Also am a SQL DBA + developer plus write in various flavours of VB. Have worked as a business analyst for a number of financial instituations. Do I qualify for the role? I would love to go back to the hills to see how they've changed (hopefully they haven't)

Cape Town is a great place but Tsodillo is magic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12