Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SWATCH FIVB Beach Volley World Tour

Default Re: SWATCH FIVB Beach Volley World Tour

Some samples of volleyball matches to look at : http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyball/Co...os/PhotosF.asp

Important things : Show faces (expressions) and use multi-frame per shot to increase the chance of getting the right timing and a fast enough shutter speed (probably 1/1000 or faster. Minimum is 1/500-1/1000). Tight crop so that picture shows only one or just a few players in the centre of the action.

Although it's usually not good to just show backside but not sure whether it's good or bad here :

For the East-West seats, the West side (i.e. facing east) is subject to slight back-lit in the morning while the East side is subject to similar effect in the afternoon. So, morning go sit at East side (face west) and then afternoon go sit at West side (face East). (Here I assume that the East side seats face West and West side seats face East).

East-West is good for shots like this :

or

From the side of the Gallery seat is probably good for this type of angle shots :

From the middle of the gallery seats get this angle :
    Last edited by Clockunder; 24th May 2007 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by londonray View Post
    no one going?
    I'm going on Saturday with my Nikon 5700 prosumer cam. Already bought ticket.

Thinking of going on Friday (tomorrow) as well and want to see how the weather is tomorrow morning first before deciding whether to buy the ticket. I wonder what is the cut off time to buy tomorrow's ticket. Can buy from any of the numerou 24-hr S.A.M. machines around S'pore.

Update : just called Gatecrash and was told that on-line/phone booking closes at 6pm on the day before the event date while for S.A.M. machines, booking closes much later at 3pm on the day of the event.

Actually, the match schedule seems to be more eventful on Friday. Will see how the weather is tomorrow before going to buy from a S.A.M. machine on my way there tomorrow.
    Last edited by Clockunder; 24th May 2007 at 04:20 PM.

just to update:

Mutabor, Londonray and Static would be going on sat morning (gallery seats) so anyone else going is free to contact me via Pm... then can arrange to sit together or go together... Yups..

Cheers Raymond

Anyone going on friday afternoon?

Aiya, go for the party lah...
    http://gallerysixfive.com/swatch/ticketing.html
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Red Alert CSer, no DSLR allowed only P&S ....

Quote Originally Posted by vinzlee View Post
    Just to comfirm,sure no DSLR allowed ?....
    Canon FF,1.3X,1.6X

Video cam? Gamma Ray Camera?

Quote Originally Posted by ComB View Post
    Just to comfirm,sure no DSLR allowed ?....
    ARE YOU SURE? I already bought a ticket and this would be a showstopper for me.
    Last edited by mutabor; 25th May 2007 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mutabor View Post
    ARE YOU SURE? I already bought a ticket and this would be a showstopper for me.
    U ask with the wrong person. I myself also curious to know coz i'm going too.
    Canon FF,1.3X,1.6X

Quote Originally Posted by ComB View Post
    U ask with the wrong person. I myself also curious to know coz i'm going too.
    well I'm trying to call the phone number 68831349 listed on the web site http://www.singaporebvbworldtour.com/, but no one answering the phone.

2 Cser with DSLR at the show was told by security personnel and confirmed by floor manager that they could not use DSLR and video (except P&S) and was told to format/delete the pics. Try calling the organiser to confirm....

I wonder if tickets could be returned for a refund?! I guess not
    And I'm going to bring and use my DSLR anyway. and if they ask not to use it, let them show me some sort of terms and conditions, which says that DSLR may not be used.
    Last edited by mutabor; 25th May 2007 at 01:57 PM.

2 Cser with DSLR at the show was told by security personnel and confirmed by floor manager that they could not use DSLR and video (except P&S) and was told to format/delete the pics. Try calling the organiser to confirm....
    Thats bad news!!

from http://www.gatecrash.com.sg/?page=mi...sAndConditions

TERMS OF SALES
    10.Photography (including flash photography), audio, and/or video recording are not permitted during the event unless otherwise stated by the Promoter.

Confirm cannot use DSLR!!!

Was there in the morning , snapping away and was confronted by an official asking if I have a press pass.... DO YOU KNOW THAT you are not allowed to use any DSLR ...bla bla... we need to protect the right of bla bla bla.... these photos may have commercial value.. bla bla....

Then they instructed me to delete all my photos and the person actually checks to verify that I actually deleted all my photos! :-( Thereafter I was told that I cannot use my DSLR anymore!!! sian... left the place.

If you intend to take pictures with your DSLR and have not bought tickets... YOU MAY WANT TO RECONSIDER!!!

wonderful...anyone printing press pass...let's print a few and pass it round...

Quote Originally Posted by just me View Post
    Confirm cannot use DSLR!!!

Was there in the morning , snapping away and was confronted by an official asking if I have a press pass.... DO YOU KNOW THAT you are not allowed to use any DSLR ...bla bla... we need to protect the right of bla bla bla.... these photos may have commercial value.. bla bla....

Then they instructed me to delete all my photos and the person actually checks to verify that I actually deleted all my photos! :-( Thereafter I was told that I cannot use my DSLR anymore!!! sian... left the place.

If you intend to take pictures with your DSLR and have not bought tickets... YOU MAY WANT TO RECONSIDER!!!

I'm selling my 50$ gallery ticket at discounted 30$ price

woah lau eh... such a let down... me also selling the ticket liaoz...

Went in the afternoon today and just managed to catch the halfway the Japanese vs Cuban match and the 2x China vs Brazil matches.

China's Chen Xue and Zhang Xi lost to the former World Champion Brazilian Pair but still have another chance to progress into the semis if they can win their match from the loser pool tomorrow morning.

Saw a few DSLR shooters but many of them seemed to be having some kind of pass to shoot around the perimeter of the court.

I used my trustworthy Nikon 5700 and just came back from there.

Here are a few shots to share, mainly for info :

(opps, imageshack seems to be down now and you may not see the pictures until imageshack is back up. Will add a couple more pictures later when imageshack is back up).

The venue :

Chen Xue warming up ......

Chen Xue in action (shutter speed 1/1506 was still not fast enough to freeze the smashed ball by Chen Xue) :
    Last edited by Clockunder; 25th May 2007 at 08:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast