View Poll Results: which palm based pda do you use?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • palm mxxx series

9 12.33%
  • palm tungsten

27 36.99%
  • CLIE

36 49.32%
  • Handspring

1 1.37%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: most popular palm pda

I have try palm , drop it ... then CLIE, find it unreliable and now into O2 xdaII for > 1 yr... fallen in love with this baby fast and have UI interface like Windoz

Only complaint is ... where is the CLT-ALT-DEL when i need to reboot the pocket PC ?

i am using Sony Clie for years liao. still functioning well and no reason to buy new one

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ho
    how about comparing PalmOS and PocketPC OS and Symbian OS?

PalmOS is out... they are facing serious issue.

Symbian OS is relatively more stable than PocketPC... frankly though , i prefer programming in PocketPC , but i feel windoz are tremondously bug ridden and the SDK support is slow.

Symbian is catching up ...

Have been a PDA fetish person since the first programmable CASIO diary in the 80s and there was also the Apple Newton PDA. Then PDA became a joke for a while till Palm come along so again jump on the bandwagon. Then came CLIE. I have never used anything else after that ( 4 CLIE models) till today I still am using the NZ90G the "brick".(almost 2yrs now) I am not a big fan of the slim mini "pad" stuff as it is too fragile ( broke 2 of them ) The all-in-one NZ90 gets me through everything I need plus since I was using a Sony Digital Camera and Video...the memory stick issue was a no brainer. It is the only way to go for me when I want to SMS. Just use the bluetooth to connect to my mobile phone(s) and then type and send. No need to relearn bloody keystroke on some newer phone that does not keep to the same layout for buttons. Mp3 playback is a breeze. Convert video to watch on it is also easy. Tons of games to play. Ebook reading on a wide screen ( just like the Sony PSP ), Wireless connection to the internet or use of bluetooth to surf through the mobile phone. Gotten use to typing on it's built in keyboard. Travel programs to help organise things and stuff when travel. Works great with number of programs for work or leisure. Quite a good 1.2megapixel camera with flash for backup ad hoc shots on site. Video filming is just as easy. Voice recording at a touch of a button, view pictures from my magicstick I just shot with a Sony camera or via my CF card from my Nikon D70. Even used it as a remote control for my TV. Only thing bad about it is the battery life so I have 2 piece of that and also a power cord to use it with a AA battery pack. Unlike most who lament about it being so small ..well I am not that small a guy and the size is just fine by me. It is truely a sad day to hear Sony to give up on the CLIE. Was looking forward to the successor to the NZ90G. Guess there is still the VAIO (VGN-U8G ) ultra ortable touch screen PC (celeron) but at $3600+..that is abit too pricey and unpractical. But very drool inducing heheh....

Only had one Window CE before which was a Compaq. The first generation CE. It was crap. Junk it after a week.

What does the future holds for PDA? PDA phone? I hope not. If it was a PDA first then a mobile...fine I can tolerate it but if it is a phone first then PDA like what you see now....I will stick to my NZ90G or strap my desktop P4 PC on my back and carry that around instead LOL.

I lost my Tungsten T3 about 2 weeks back. SO was looking around for a replacement.

gone down to challenger to look & feel, wanting to try out PPC.(was with Palm OS for alongtime)

got hold of the popular XDAII, tried it for 1.5hours at the counter, the sales guy was very helpful. have gone thru those functions that i normally use, contacts, sms,..... realised that required 2 hands to operate and achieve what i want. and after asking around, found that PPC takes a while for new users to get familiar with.

so for me, Palm OS seems to suit me better now. But then the T5 don seem impressive, Sony no more, not much choice left

but was told that PalmOne is coming out with new model sometime soon. So i am waiting patiently for it. hope it will not be a disappointment.

how i wish Apple makes a comeback to the PDA market

Ok...Someone's bound to say this...
    Let me be the 1st 1..

Get a PocketPC instead.

currently i am pondering if i were to get a new PDA and a phone or a PDA-handphone.

still cannot decide after thinking for months

I am still using the Sony clie Nx70.I have with me for almost 3 years.i Love it,cant live without it.

Quote Originally Posted by ling13
    I am still using the Sony clie Nx70.I have with me for almost 3 years.i Love it,cant live without it.
    U know how to change the battery? mine's dead...

A PDA only for PIM and storage doesn't hold true anymore.
    When u have a toy, you're sure to want to use it for games.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    currently i am pondering if i were to get a new PDA and a phone or a PDA-handphone.

still cannot decide after thinking for months
    Think about this...

What is worst:
    1) Losing your PDA or Mobile or your PDA mobile?
    2) Upgrading your PDA or Mobile or your PDA Mobile?

heheh....

Am using Sony Clie NX80 coming two years.. its a nice baby!

OT: recently got my D70, was wondering whether the in bulid remote control program can control D70 or not...

Anybody care to share?

ex-palm user here, been thru 3 machines

palm lllxe > sony clie S360 > palm T|E

palmone's been really disappointing in innovation lately and I have sold my T|E away due to its mediocre battery life. they really need to release a OS 6 device, else they will become the next Apple.

as a former clie user, i got many of my friends around to buy clies and they are still using theirs up till now. sadly, i have sold mine away, sony has given up the battle, and clies are end of line. my dedication to the clies:

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    Think about this...

What is worst:
    1) Losing your PDA or Mobile or your PDA mobile?
    2) Upgrading your PDA or Mobile or your PDA Mobile?

heheh....
    think both ( 1 ) and ( 2 ) also worst leh.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    A PDA only for PIM and storage doesn't hold true anymore.
    When u have a toy, you're sure to want to use it for games.
    true true. my palm is a dedicated scrabble game machine didn't use it for much else.

wow, this thread has more revivals than a role playing game.
    look at the lapse in time between some posts.

i use a clie too. 90. big black mean machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12