View Poll Results: which palm based pda do you use?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • palm mxxx series

9 12.33%
  • palm tungsten

27 36.99%
  • CLIE

36 49.32%
  • Handspring

1 1.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: most popular palm pda

Default most popular palm pda

which palm based pda do you use?

clie....loves the jog dial
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Palm T|T for me... OS5.0 with 5 dir. button functions

KingKongChar
    Guests

The Palm TT D-pad is still no match for Clié jog dial. I can virtually operate my Clié w/o even withdrawing the stylus (if no input is needed, can switch between programs, quit apps, best of all make reading e-books a breeze). If I can remember correctly, the Sony jog dial is a patented technology, though I would rather call it an idea.
    Last edited by KingKongChar; 17th March 2003 at 10:39 AM.

So can my Palm m550... I can virtually operate my m550 without (yours is 'with' while mine is 'without') even withdrawing the stylus (if no input is needed, can switch between programs, quit apps, can also read my avantgo as easy as ABC.

Originally posted by KingKongChar
    The Palm TT D-pad is still no match for Clié jog dial. I can virtually operate my Clié with even withdrawing the stylus (if no input is needed, can switch between programs, quit apps, best of all make reading e-books a breeze). If I can remember correctly, the Sony jog dial is a patented technology, though I would rather call it an idea.

KingKongChar
    Guests

Originally posted by ivor
    So can my Palm m550... I can virtually operate my m550 without (yours is 'with' while mine is 'without') even withdrawing the stylus (if no input is needed, can switch between programs, quit apps, can also read my avantgo as easy as ABC.

Should be without, typo error. Hmm...m550? Is the Palm made by Ivor? You made yourself one har?

or it is the alternative name for Palm TT?

I hope, I am getting this right... m550 is the generic name or model no. for Tungsten-T while "Tungsten-T" is just a product code name

The 5-dir button functions are there so that you DUN HAVE TO use the stylus...... Works EXACTLY like the Clie
    s jog dial

Ivor, dun worry.. you are right, T|T is also known as the M550 (written @ the back of the pda)

Clie ... u cant go wrong with Sony for design. Which is always my 1st priority

No doubt that one can't go wrong with Sony for design... but don't forget, PDA doesn't work based on design... what is nice doesn't mean the quality is good...

In my cheap 2 cents opinion, Sony has very poor QC now.. and the servicing is rather expensive...

Originally posted by naresh666
    Clie ... u cant go wrong with Sony for design. Which is always my 1st priority

Originally posted by ivor
    ..... and the servicing is rather expensive...
    I would say extemely expensive

from a side by side comparison, clie definitely have better color display then the palm. however, the overall build quality is not as good, e.g. silver paint will scratch off the plastic easily. mine have screws dropped off for no reason.

Originally posted by Goldmember
    from a side by side comparison, clie definitely have better color display then the palm. however, the overall build quality is not as good, e.g. silver paint will scratch off the plastic easily. mine have screws dropped off for no reason.
    It's a Sony...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Originally posted by Goldmember
    ...mine have screws dropped off for no reason.

Have been a Palm OS user since 1997 till now... ever did switch over the Win CE & Pocket PC... but ultimately, Palm OS is still the best for PDA... No doubt, Sony may be innovative, but the master in Palm OS PDA is still Palm Inc...

i think comparing clie and palm is like comparing nikon and canon...endless debate.

how about comparing PalmOS and PocketPC OS and Symbian OS?

None of the above, I am using a Treo 600... the integration of PDA with phone function and the QWERTY keypad makes it just perfect for my needs.
    Last edited by tao; 13th April 2005 at 11:54 AM.

Too bad Sony went out of the pda business....now the Palm OS is really loosing ground to PPC..... IMO, the nicest Palm OS PDAs ever built, both in terms of Design and Functionality would be the Sony Clie NX-73(in black), UX-50 and the TH-55...

I like the T3 for the bright and beautiful screen. Useful to present ideas/pics one to one.
    The sms function is 'critical' for me in my job. A breeze to attend meeting and send long sms to staff in a low key manner. Looks like you are taking officious notes. A killer function for me. Just imagine, before the meeting is over, your job of downloading instruction is done!
    Toggling between programs is also quite instant.
    Pocket PC learning curve is a bit steep and not so many useful programs around for me. I hope this will change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast