Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: diff color in cs and web

Default Re: diff color in cs and web

anyway guys, though my monitor prob is another issue, i still have the issue as with my thread title.

i open the pic in CS3, looks ok.
    i emailed out the pic, then i go to my sent folder, click on the pic and open using windows photo and fax viewer, the pic became saturated(a significant difference).
    what should i do now?

my monitor is calibrated with spyder pro.
    using nvidia graphics card geforce7600GT.

when i click on my nvidia icon in the system tray and go to color corrections, choose the 'spyder calibrated profile', the color on the screen immediately goes very light, very desaturated.

desperately need help.

Did you disable all other colour managgement softwares (nvidia/adobe) before doing the calibration? After you calibrate you also need to make sure that only the colourvision profle is loaded into the vid card via the colourvision software and nothing else if not I htink it may be loading several profiles...
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    Did you disable all other colour managgement softwares (nvidia/adobe) before doing the calibration? After you calibrate you also need to make sure that only the colourvision profle is loaded into the vid card via the colourvision software and nothing else if not I htink it may be loading several profiles...
    how do i turn off adobe gamma or nvidia color management profiles?

funny thing is now after it's calibrated the screen looks warm.

There is an option to disable the adobe gamma. Go to the control panel. as for Nvidia I am not sure cause i'm using ant ATI card...
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    There is an option to disable the adobe gamma. Go to the control panel. as for Nvidia I am not sure cause i'm using ant ATI card...
    i did see the adobe gamma icon in control panels but when i click on it, it only shows me the steps on how to calibrate.no option to turn off?

i am thinking of getting a ati card instead of nvidia cos i heard it's better for graphics but not gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i did see the adobe gamma icon in control panels but when i click on it, it only shows me the steps on how to calibrate.no option to turn off?

i am thinking of getting a ati card instead of nvidia cos i heard it's better for graphics but not gaming.
    Look at ur Start UP folder for Adobe Gamma

for adobe gamma, just remove adobe gamma from the startup folder in your start menu...that should prevent it from loading at startup...

also, try double double adobe gamma, select control panel, load the profile created by your spyder, click ok and click save when prompted... that should allow the profile to be used by Photoshop

if that doesn't work... continue reading...

nothing wrong with using Nvidia card instead of Ati... try this: right click on your desktop and call up properties, go to settings tab, click advanced, select the GeForce tab, on the left side of the window a menu will pop out, select tools from the menu, then in the main window select Display Optimization Wizard, then go through the process... it solved the problem in a case I worked on... it shouldn't temper with your previous monitor profiling (at least the time I tried it) but might solve the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    for adobe gamma, just remove adobe gamma from the startup folder in your start menu...that should prevent it from loading at startup...

also, try double double adobe gamma, select control panel, load the profile created by your spyder, click ok and click save when prompted... that should allow the profile to be used by Photoshop

if that doesn't work... continue reading...

nothing wrong with using Nvidia card instead of Ati... try this: right click on your desktop and call up properties, go to settings tab, click advanced, select the GeForce tab, on the left side of the window a menu will pop out, select tools from the menu, then in the main window select Display Optimization Wizard, then go through the process... it solved the problem in a case I worked on... it shouldn't temper with your previous monitor profiling (at least the time I tried it) but might solve the problem...

ok, i just confirmed, my adobe gamma is off.
    and i've done the adobe gamma and loaded the spyder profile into it and saved.

i think my monitor is screwed.i'll call dell tomorrow.
    sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    ok, i just confirmed, my adobe gamma is off.
    and i've done the adobe gamma and loaded the spyder profile into it and saved.

i think my monitor is screwed.i'll call dell tomorrow.
    sigh....
    colour still off?... tried the NVidia trick I mentioned (by the way, when I mentioned go through the process, I meant just clicking the responses where you proceed to the next step...don't change any settings)...

at least your monitor still under warranty...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12