Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

  1. #1

    Default wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    is there such a thing as a wireless TV router?

    i wish to swop my living and dining room over to make more space, however there is no cable point on the other side. because a corrider starts btwn the 2 , i cant use an extension. does anyone know where i can get one or how to get around this problem? i've looked at TV tuners but they arent able to help

  2. #2

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by suiewuie View Post
    is there such a thing as a wireless TV router?

    i wish to swop my living and dining room over to make more space, however there is no cable point on the other side. because a corrider starts btwn the 2 , i cant use an extension. does anyone know where i can get one or how to get around this problem? i've looked at TV tuners but they arent able to help

    I dun noe if this helps, I saw at Sim Lim the Digital TVB box set, works with a simple antenna stick to receive the normal channels.

  3. #3

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    i think that is a TV tuner too right?coz i need something that can transmit to the TV w/o the TV being actually plugged into the cable point. what is the brand of it anw?maybe i can go check it out

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by suiewuie View Post
    i think that is a TV tuner too right?coz i need something that can transmit to the TV w/o the TV being actually plugged into the cable point. what is the brand of it anw?maybe i can go check it out
    There is a AV wireless transmitter, SLS & SLT have... problem is there is slight degration of image.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #5

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    not to mention if you watch po*n on it, yr neighbour also can watch (sans high quality images) Hehehe

  6. #6

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    There is a AV wireless transmitter, SLS & SLT have... problem is there is slight degration of image.
    hmmm..okies...thank you so much. i'll go look for it=)

  7. #7

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus View Post
    not to mention if you watch po*n on it, yr neighbour also can watch (sans high quality images) Hehehe
    haha..the only porn my family watches is on animal planet or discovery channel!=P

  8. #8

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj View Post
    I dun noe if this helps, I saw at Sim Lim the Digital TVB box set, works with a simple antenna stick to receive the normal channels.
    Haha well it should, the only difference between the antennae that you buy yourself and the cable point is that the cable point really is connected to a much larger antennae on the roof of the building

    EDIT: This, of course, does not apply to cable TV

  9. #9
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?


  10. #10

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by suiewuie View Post
    hmmm..okies...thank you so much. i'll go look for it=)
    You can even get these TV senders with a back channel to they can relay the remote control signals back to the cable/VCR/tuner box.

    They are primarily intended to 'extend' the output of your cable box/VCR to a 2nd TV in another room.

  11. #11

    Default Re: wireless tv router.. is there such a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    You can even get these TV senders with a back channel to they can relay the remote control signals back to the cable/VCR/tuner box.

    They are primarily intended to 'extend' the output of your cable box/VCR to a 2nd TV in another room.
    it works with cable as well?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •