Thread: Sicilian Street Corner Vegetable Stall

Default Sicilian Street Corner Vegetable Stall

Took this picture three days ago while I was back in Palermo, Sicily. We don't find these sort of street vendors back home anymore!

M7 with 50mm f/2.8 Elmar-M, Kodak T400CN

From a suggestion elsewhere... here's a cropped version of the same pic.

Have seen this in New York. But ages ago.

hey SzennyBoy,

think i know what you were trying to do.. do you have any other shots of the vendor? it might be better if it's in a series.. cause i feel you were trying to cover too much with just one shot.

personally i feel that the picture by itself is not "strong" enough.. perhaps in a 3 sequence shot.. a wide angle - something like the first.. but wider, taking more of the building as well, a medium close up with one or two central characters engaged in trade.. and perhaps a closing portait of the vendor with his stall..

just me 2 devalued rubble's worth.

keep shooting!

rOCh
    p.s: like some of your london shots.. will need to learn from you where the best places to shoot in london are as i will be making a trip up there in early May..

Originally posted by rochkoh
    personally i feel that the picture by itself is not "strong" enough.. perhaps in a 3 sequence shot.. a wide angle - something like the first.. but wider, taking more of the building as well, a medium close up with one or two central characters engaged in trade.. and perhaps a closing portait of the vendor with his stall..
    I'd agree with your suggestion. This particular shot was a "snap-shot" while I was heading towards the shops with my wife and her father. No chance to dilly-dally about that time. I'm planning to spend a few days on my own in about three months time to simply wander around for a series of shots on the markets, fishing wharves and general street life. It's gonna be my little "project" with the intention of putting together a panel for a RPS distinction submission.

p.s: like some of your london shots.. will need to learn from you where the best places to shoot in london are as i will be making a trip up there in early May..
    Give me a shout when you're planning to come. I'll try to see if I'm available for a localised tour!

Originally posted by SzennyBoy
    I'd agree with your suggestion. This particular shot was a "snap-shot" while I was heading towards the shops with my wife and her father. No chance to dilly-dally about that time. I'm planning to spend a few days on my own in about three months time to simply wander around for a series of shots on the markets, fishing wharves and general street life. It's gonna be my little "project" with the intention of putting together a panel for a RPS distinction submission.
    yeah, i understand.. its not easy to take shots when you've got folks hurrying you around.

wow! RPS distinction! err.. what does that involve? :P
    hmm.. http://www.rps.org/distinctions.html
    .. http://www.photoart-sg.com/articles/rps.htm
    interesting..

Originally posted by SzennyBoy

Give me a shout when you're planning to come. I'll try to see if I'm available for a localised tour!
    sure thing! beginning of may.. for a coupla days. need anything from S'pore just PM me!