Thread: Home Studio Made Possible

Default Home Studio Made Possible

Hi Everyone,

As planned (shared the idea with Pandora ,Knighthunter and the rest in Chat room yesterday) i setup a little home studio for portraiture purpose. I have a smple photo taken with the setup and also the equipment used. Currently i'm using the digital camera to do some characterization of the setup and then i will venture to film shots.

Here is the link to my website tips page: Follow the last tips called - Home Portraiture ....

THe URL is:
    Tips page

regards,
    sulhan

Well done!

Default Will try with Canon Ixus V2 also....

Hiee...

I will try out the phototaking with V2 also as the photo effects in v2 is way better than the S10. WIll post the images taken in the months to come.

Regards,
    me

No, for a home studio, the most important thing is space. And that is sadly in short supply in most households.

Default Precisely......thats why i used my little kitchen ...

hi Yslee...

Thats my point.....thats why i use my kitchen bamboo pole holder on the ceiling...for my backdrop hanger.....

If you see in the photo on my web...on the left of the backdrop is the oven and on the right os the washing machine.......btw.....i live in a 3 room hdb.......

Any extra side lighting....i will use my toilet lights...and the doors to control the brightness....

regards,
    me

Thanks Sulhan for sharing with us

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Home Studio Made Possible

Heh i got a dream like urs too, to create a home studio. too bad the link was "overloaded" and i couldn't see the setup that you posted....

will check again later.

Cheers

Originally posted by sulhan
    Hi Everyone,

As planned (shared the idea with Pandora ,Knighthunter and the rest in Chat room yesterday) i setup a little home studio for portraiture purpose. I have a smple photo taken with the setup and also the equipment used. Currently i'm using the digital camera to do some characterization of the setup and then i will venture to film shots.

Here is the link to my website tips page: Follow the last tips called - Home Portraiture ....

THe URL is:
    Tips page

regards,
    sulhan

Good effort.

One of the more useful guide I had seen here.

How do you control the flash to fire off?

Is there any basic setup up that can be bought in Singapore like at Ruby? Like 2 studio lights and a backdrop kind..

Default Home studio

Hi Sulhan,

Thanx for the tips.

Where did you get the slave flash ?
    Did it cost you alot ?
    I have intentions to setup my home studio.
    I am going to get a flash for my SLR soon.

Might get a additonal flash unit to get the setup you had mentioned earlier.

Thanx in advance .

Cheers
    Ericana

Default Slave Flash.....

Hieeee....

I am currently using two third party slaves. One from
    1)Pheonix 66s - Sold in peninsula with another name - allows mounting of additional flash with a standard hot shoe + and the top mount can swivel 360.Pheonix Slave one shop opposite konota sells it -it has a bracket for side screw mount.~$60
    2)this brand call SLS-160(Photoguide $35 approx)- It is small with screw mount and also a little foldable square ring - for floor up tilt

Simple tripod x 3 each 20 to 30 bucks

Backdrop 2 to 3 metres from SPOTLIGHT (Orchard Point/Tampines)

Camera.....your choice.....Cheap White umbrellas....for a start(i got those from DAISO for $2 each.......they work great!!!

Manequin for testing (Can use baloon with paper nose pasted too to test shadow casts)

And i think thats bout all in all....shouldn't cost more than $150......may be even close to $100.........

Well......let your imagination run wild.......start with 1 slave and a white cardboard wrapped in aluminium foil.....as a start.....then maybe venture to more slaves....

Happy Trying......

Regards,
    Sulhan
    Last edited by sulhan; 17th March 2003 at 11:30 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Slave Flash.....

just wondering, how did u attach ur umbrellas onto the flash/tripod units?

Originally posted by sulhan
    Hieeee....

I am currently using two third party slaves. One from
    1)Pheonix 66s - Sold in peninsula with another name - allows mounting of additional flash with a standard hot shoe + and the top mount can swivel 360.Pheonix Slave one shop opposite konota sells it -it has a bracket for side screw mount.~$60
    2)this brand call SLS-160(Photoguide $35 approx)- It is small with screw mount and also a little foldable square ring - for floor up tilt

Simple tripod x 3 each 20 to 30 bucks

Backdrop 2 to 3 metres from SPOTLIGHT (Orchard Point/Tampines)

Camera.....your choice.....Cheap White umbrellas....for a start(i got those from DAISO for $2 each.......they work great!!!

Manequin for testing (Can use baloon with paper nose pasted too to test shadow casts)

And i think thats bout all in all....shouldn't cost more than $150......may be even close to $100.........

Well......let your imagination run wild.......start with 1 slave and a white cardboard wrapped in aluminium foil.....as a start.....then maybe venture to more slaves....

Happy Trying......

Regards,
    Sulhan

Default For the sake of mankind.........

Hi All,

Well....i thought it would be nice to get into some details on the setup as per vince's request......

I have added a sketch on how the umbrella was mounted......

Tips page

have fun!!

regards,
    me

vince123123
    Guests

Thanks!! think that ur whole setup is cool and at minimal cost, and ur diagrams on the website are well 'drawn' too

Default Thanx.....no worries...

Hi Vince,

Have a go on it if you have the time......and i'm sure you will enoy it...

enjoy!!

regards,
    sulhan

Default added......

Well.....FYI...

added my baby portrait...(low res)

regards,
    me
    Last edited by sulhan; 18th March 2003 at 11:32 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

would it be possible to take a photo of the flash-tripod-umbrella setup? would like to see in real life the whole contraption

thanks!