Just some test with my light tent I got from SykeTang, and some free paper & acrylic sheets I got from a friend. Not too bad.
Shot with 300D with Tamron 18-200. with 2 580EXs. Simple stuff.
Last edited by TrailsofLife; 3rd May 2007 at 09:15 PM.
Here's my set up I promised in earlier post.
lighting kit from PQ23, light tent from syketang, camera is 300D with Tamron 18-200
Here's a test shot:
Yr setup looks gd. Wat's tat toy? Still got L-lens.
Last edited by TrailsofLife; 5th May 2007 at 12:48 PM.
1) The PQ23 slave flash is only 45 watts. Is it powerful enough?
2) What is the difference between a slave flash and normal lights?
3) I noticed it has a E27 household foot, can I buy the slave flash and put it on my ikea lamp?
4) I bought an ikea lamp (max 60watts) and tried to experiement but the effect is not good. Can you advise?
Thanks I am a really new newbie and am trying to learn. Any help is much appreciated.
I newbie also, but will try to answer whatever I can:
1. I not sure. But I shoot with mostly small aperture, f8-f29, sometimes still overexposed, must push flash further to reduce exposure.
2. I dunno also, I bought flash because I thought normal light if on for too long will be very hot. Flash not so jia lat. Also, flash is white, but normal lamp got alot of different colour temperature, very troublesome. I dun know what kind to buy, so buy flash lor.
3. I think as long as voltage same, can liao.
4. Your lamp very far from light tent leh, move closer for better effect lah.
My light tent is 40cm by 40cm by 40cm.
PQ23, check his MO threads. He is a advertiser here, I bought quite alot of stuff from him before.
did you use a macro lens?