Thread: how much for 6 day trip in germany?

Default how much for 6 day trip in germany?

hey guys..just wondering..how much can i roughly expect to spend in germany if i want to go there for 6 days? nothing lavish - apart from the beer and pork knuckles..intending to take leave in sept (if i can) to attend oktoberfest - still haven't done much planning yet...

Default Re: how much for 6 day trip in germany?

I think if you truly want to enjoy yourself, then set aside at least $5k. If not, I think $3-4k should be enough.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Better plan early. Very hard to find accomodation during Octoberfest. BTQ, October Fest is only in Munich. Is it the only city you plan to visit ?

There's a cheap apartment you can rent. Its called City Apartments at Marsstrasse. Quite cheap and near the Hauptbanhof.(central train station)

I feel "oktoberfest" is designed for tourist only, just like the Singapore "Chingay parade". U would see more of Germany if u go beyond Munich. There are many other more beautiful small towns and villages, and castles, and rivers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    I feel "oktoberfest" is designed for tourist only, just like the Singapore "Chingay parade". U would see more of Germany if u go beyond Munich. There are many other more beautiful small towns and villages, and castles, and rivers, etc.
    I agree. A trip to the Black Forest, visiting the REAL swan lake, followed by a boatcruise down the Rhine river, with it's lush vineyards and castles...

Awesome.

yup..friends and i did consider exploring germany a little once we get sober...heard the festival only lasts about 2 days...so that leaves about 4 days of exploring... got to find some ways to raise funds..legally...haha

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    yup..friends and i did consider exploring germany a little once we get sober...heard the festival only lasts about 2 days...so that leaves about 4 days of exploring... got to find some ways to raise funds..legally...haha
    It lasts 2 weeks.

ahh..how ill informed i am..now i feel like a fool ..well..thanks for the advice guys...