View Poll Results: What do you think of bringing your own carrier/Plastic Bag to supermart?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its a great way to save the earth!

25 39.68%
  • I just need to ask for MORE plastic bags on a non-wednesday!

6 9.52%
  • who cares?!

11 17.46%
  • Wednesday not enough! should be 24x7!

21 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey! Where's yr plastic bag?

Default Re: Hey! Where's yr plastic bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Save the earth, use paper cups instead?

Save the earth, drink from 300ml Tetra Packs instead of buying 2L plastic bottled drinks.
    And save the world, use disposable paper cameras.

try doing it at Mustafa... u might kena even more stares...
    maybe they'll tie up ur bag with the plastic ties? keke

Save the earth, use paper cups instead?

Save the earth, drink from 300ml Tetra Packs instead of buying 2L plastic bottled drinks.
    you can always buy 2L tetra packs? why buy 300Ml? at least paper is biodegradable and recyclable.
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

hhmmm.... use camelbak lah.. can use again and again.

Normally when i buy small items and the cashier gave me the bag, I would normally tell her no need .... in the past she would gave me a funny look, but nowadays seemed to be quite common, which is good news.

Once I had a little quarrel with a cashier because i took out my "pau" and ask for a small tissue paper instead, and returned her the plastic bag for her to use it for the next customer ... i was given a lecture instead ...blaaa blaaaa.... like use tissue oso cant save the earth, why not just use hand, that i wasted both the paper and the bag coz she threw away the bag coz it's co policy that they cant "reuse" food bag, etc......
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Normally when i buy small items and the cashier gave me the bag, I would normally tell her no need .... in the past she would gave me a funny look, but nowadays seemed to be quite common, which is good news.

Once I had a little quarrel with a cashier because i took out my "pau" and ask for a small tissue paper instead, and returned her the plastic bag for her to use it for the next customer ... i was given a lecture instead ...blaaa blaaaa.... like use tissue oso cant save the earth, why not just use hand, that i wasted both the paper and the bag coz she threw away the bag coz it's co policy that they cant "reuse" food bag, etc......
    kinda logical, imagine tis...

You are standing behind a guy whom you do not know, both buying pau, then the guy in front took out the pau with his bare hands and return the bag, and then took a piece of tissue to put the pau, how would you feel if that piece of plastic bag was used for your pau... i will screw the cashier...

think should tell the cashier before hand that you do not need a plastic bag...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

nx we will c some ppl w/ their own supermarket trolley! bags too small. who benefit$ from all this har? d earth, really? lousy plastic bags already co$t 10cents, then wad abt glossy carriers w/ brand named logos?

it is a good idea to curb plastic bags but dumb way of implementation. Typical follow what everyone else in the world is doing but never think if it works for us.

90 percent of us live in high rise flats. We need plastic bags to throw our rubbish down chutes. We take the plastic bags from supermarkets, what do we do with it? We reuse it to pack our rubbish. Simply banning plastic bags, what will be the result? Rubbish unpacked and thrown down the chute. Stink till kingdom come.

Either u start educating people that they have to buy plastic bags to be used to throw rubbish down chutes and incur more costs in a Singapore where it is pay and pay everyday for everything or you carry on giving plastic bags.

Simply banning it doesnt work in Singapore.

Next time, smaller retailers will charge extra for plastic bags without donating to conserve the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Next time, smaller retailers will charge extra for plastic bags without donating to conserve the environment.
    Yup defintely that will happen. Matter of time. And they will yield high profits. Even now some hawkers charge 50 cents for take away. The cost price of the container is only maybe 5 cents. they earn 10 times from the takeaway.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    Yup defintely that will happen. Matter of time. And they will yield high profits. Even now some hawkers charge 50 cents for take away. The cost price of the container is only maybe 5 cents. they earn 10 times from the takeaway.
    its actually geh tan 1...

imagine the cost of washing or using those disposable bowls vs takeaway containers... almost the same, yet they charge you for takeaway...

next time charge you more in the name of environment... ya rite...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

vince123123
    Guests

This BYOB thing is just being environmentally correct (analogous to politically correct). In the real world, it is not practical or easy to get it done.

Buying a whole trolley full of groceries - will anyone really bring 10 reusable bags?

For small items, I normally just put it in a bag I already have anyway.

Reusable bags get dirty and frequent washing is required - end up using more water and detergent?

Unscrupulous retailers trying to profit from this (joke: retailer says have to pay fro plastic bag cos they are following ikea. Customer asks: Are you also donating the $$$ to a conservation fund?)

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    This BYOB thing is just being environmentally correct (analogous to politically correct). In the real world, it is not practical or easy to get it done.

Buying a whole trolley full of groceries - will anyone really bring 10 reusable bags?

For small items, I normally just put it in a bag I already have anyway.

Reusable bags get dirty and frequent washing is required - end up using more water and detergent?

Unscrupulous retailers trying to profit from this (joke: retailer says have to pay fro plastic bag cos they are following ikea. Customer asks: Are you also donating the $$$ to a conservation fund?)
    i wonder if any housewives will go to wet market with reusable bags... buy fish, buy meat, and diligently wash the bag and use the next day or next week.

vince123123
    Guests

I highly doubt so. It simply isn't practical.

i wonder if any housewives will go to wet market with reusable bags... buy fish, buy meat, and diligently wash the bag and use the next day or next week.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    actually small retailers should carry on doing business as usual, den customers will return. in business cannot penny wise, pound foolish. monkey (big 1 somemore ) see, monkey do. nv use brain...

vince123123
    Guests

If everyone does it already, then it's a different story altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    actually small retailers should carry on doing business as usual, den customers will return. in business cannot penny wise, pound foolish. monkey (big 1 somemore ) see, monkey do. nv use brain...

if singaporeans dont need to bag their refuse when they throw their rubbish, i'll gladly bring my own bags everday to buy groceries.

Why rubbish men cannot bring their own bags?

change is d oni constant thing, & it costs more $$ than not changing.

Of course must be 24/7. Singapore is so lag in terms of environmental issues. This should have started long ago, considering Sg is so much of a 'developed country' already.
    Somebody told me that day it's because Sg will not be facing the problem with rubbish dumping etc. even if the plastic won't decompose, the government have ways to get rid of them in a much cheaper way.
    But it's the whole energy issue for generating plastic bags and Sg's image also.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    nx we will c some ppl w/ their own supermarket trolley! bags too small. who benefit$ from all this har? d earth, really? lousy plastic bags already co$t 10cents, then wad abt glossy carriers w/ brand named logos?
    some branded paper bags cost $2 to $10!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast