Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Platinium Card privilege?

Default Re: Platinium Card privilege?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    if you forgot pay, why shouldn't the bank be able to charge you a fee?
    I don't think anyone of us dispute the fact that the bank should charge a fee for those who forgot or late in their payment. But, the point of contention is the high interest rate.

platinum priority queue for movies at Cathay? hehe

Visa Plat concierge service

and golfing club benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by wlcling View Post

Provided one utilise these of cos.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    Cash is King. Can you buy a plate of chicken rice using card?
    Hahahahaa. Paul is always saying this comment!

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    one impt benefit is that some platinum card has a seperate service telephone line and much easier connect.
    Not exactly true. Read my posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    Cash is King. Can you buy a plate of chicken rice using card?
    Yes. You can.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

CC are one of the most complicated packages you'll ever find here , at least to me. The only way to compare is to lay them out side by side but no one does that. It's way too tedious. I suppose we choose them based on what benefits suit us more.

The platiniums are mostly fluff but some do provide exclusive privileges depending on bank to bank. For citibank, I think only the dividend programme gives cash rebates which many prefer over shopping/dinning vouchers.

The other benefits usually include higher rebates (5 to 8 times instead of the usual 1 to 3 times more) but that also depends on what you spend on.

I've always wondered how some users are able to accumulate so much points for shopping vouchers. A friend of mine in some watch shop is able to get several hundred Taka /Denki vouchers every now and then.. sheesh.

To me , the "real" benefits are whether the cards are accepted for use in overseas and the discounts. It would really make sense to get the Robinson's card if your mother likes to go there every other week. I just came back from Japan and found that OCBC and Stan Chart cards were neither accepted in the camera shops nor hotel. Either the card readers are not compatible or the banks have some issues.

ive found credit card nirvana..

i switched to using POSB mastercard debit card.. i use it all the time now... whatever i pay goes straight out from my bank account.. no more headache about monthly bills, or overspending, or getting a shock at the end of the month when receive CC bill.

i still keep a couple of my other cards, but they are for overseas travel in case for any reason my debit card not accepted, or if i need to pay for a big ticket item which exceeds my current bank balance.

the downside is i dont get any perks. and i dont get any points. but frnakly i couldnt be bothered with all of this. the peace of mind i get far outweighs all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Hahahahaa. Paul is always saying this comment!
    I'm advising people to use cash

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd View Post
    ive found credit card nirvana..

i switched to using POSB mastercard debit card.. i use it all the time now... whatever i pay goes straight out from my bank account.. no more headache about monthly bills, or overspending, or getting a shock at the end of the month when receive CC bill.

i still keep a couple of my other cards, but they are for overseas travel in case for any reason my debit card not accepted, or if i need to pay for a big ticket item which exceeds my current bank balance.

the downside is i dont get any perks. and i dont get any points. but frnakly i couldnt be bothered with all of this. the peace of mind i get far outweighs all of that.
    very wise

Quote Originally Posted by wlcling View Post

What do u mean priority queue for movies?
    And also what golfing benefits do we get as platinium holders?

MEaning that there is another queue available for Platinum Visa holders. One thing though, the smaller cinemas sometimes all ppl will juz queue on the priority queue, and the counter does not enforce the rule. Also, platinums are like flooding the place now, the edge over is getting smaller.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by jerry2308 View Post
    What do u mean priority queue for movies?
    And also what golfing benefits do we get as platinium holders?
    can't remember the golfing benefits, but something like clubhouse member rates, etc, etc.... can bring dunno how many friends, etc, then dunno what free green fees. I'm also not too sure, since i'm no golfer! hehe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123