Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CF cards Price

Default Re: CF cards Price

Personally, I've 2x Lexar 1Gb cards and I'm using them on a Canon system for 3 years already. I haven't encountered any problems with them yet. Are those reported problems batch based or an across the board bomb waiting to go off?

Have the price of cards evolved over the last few months ? Looking at getting a couple of 2G and 4G.
    Thanks !

I believe it has dropped quite a fair bit during the last IT fair. look at the threads in COnsumer COrners..

Today lunchtime I went Bukit Batok Harvey Norman (bought 2pcs 3rd Party Battery for my EOS 350D Camera - cost me about S$25.00 each)

Saw the CF Card - a 4 Gig one (dunno what brand) - it's about S$150 speed is "266" - Is it cheap? Can my camera use this 4 Gig CF Card?...I'm New.

PS: I saw some of you post Ultra III - Can my Camera use this Card? .... where can I buy them?
    Last edited by RudimentalDrummer; 14th April 2008 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    go for extreme III = 4GB @ 126bucks.. hehe..
    Extreme III, 4GB @ 85bucks at MS Color, AMK - 1 week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RudimentalDrummer View Post
    Saw the CF Card - a 4 Gig one (dunno what brand) - it's about S$150 speed is "266" - Is it cheap? Can my camera use this 4 Gig CF Card?...I'm New.
    PS: I saw some of you post Ultra III - Can my Camera use this Card? .... where can I buy them?
    No worries about the size of memory cards. The currently available cards are still well below the limitations of the FAT32 file system which is used at the cards.
    You can use all kinds of super fast CF cards - alone it's wasting money since the cam cannot really make use of the fast transfer speed. You will only enjoy the fast transfer when reading the picture files with an external card reader connected to USB. For more details you may read Bob Atkins: Compact Flash, SD and SDHC Memory Cards.
    Don't get caught by marketing phrases about speed and stuffs. Keep in mind that your camera has a built-in buffer to hold multiple shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    if you want 4gb and wan "faster" card, extreme IV 4GB at 99 only, from Alan Photo Simlim.

Thanks for the info - but people tells me that a Fast CF Card is useful - because "When I snap a Picture, the screen will apprear very quickly and I can see the image at the screen, a slow CF card means - I have to wait long long than the image will appear" - - - Is this correct?...If it is true - then Fast CF Card is useful in a way...

But I dunno my EOS 350D- can take up to what Speed? cause they say maybe mine can only take up to 2 - I dont understand - I guess it means like the 266 thing) anything more - waste my $$$....

I wonder if these Faster CF card also means that I can snap more pictures at a certain time...

Hehehehehe - so funny I saw some people/company here - asking people to enrol, pay S$??, to take Photos on Girl Models? ..... then they fix a time eg 3 hours..... so like that - If my Camera is slow - other people take as an example 1000pictures, I take only 500 lah ...correct or not? - Does Faster CF card helps here.

PS:- I am not implying that I am going to shoot those models (They will kill me for sure) - all come out blurr.rrrr hehehe....just curious here.

Rudi
    Last edited by RudimentalDrummer; 14th April 2008 at 04:56 PM.

I bought an 8GB Sandisk Extreme III for $100.50 in Sim Lim Square last week. Checked that the price quoted by other stalls is around $140+. The one I bought looks genuine, with the 3D logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Actually can negotiate price...
    4GB Extreme III got them for $79 @ MS Color 1+ month ago
    4GB Extreme III got them for $69 @ Alan Photo (Sim Lim) 2 days ago

Don't just look at price. One key point people might overlook is that are they getting the card from the local distributor? Do you see the white labels from Vector Magnetics Pte Ltd? If not, you might have problem claim warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_K View Post
    Actually can negotiate price...
    4GB Extreme III got them for $79 @ MS Color 1+ month ago
    4GB Extreme III got them for $69 @ Alan Photo (Sim Lim) 2 days ago
    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Don't just look at price. One key point people might overlook is that are they getting the card from the local distributor? Do you see the white labels from Vector Magnetics Pte Ltd? If not, you might have problem claim warranty.
    For those who are wondering, the ones which I have just bought from AP are the new version with the 30MB/s 200X* printed on the front of the box and are local warrantied

Quote Originally Posted by RudimentalDrummer View Post
    An article to answer your question : http://dpnow.com/4445.html

Write & read speed of 266x CF cards only benefit UDMA enabled dSLR. Currently only these few :
    • Canon IDs Mark III
    • Nikon D300
    • Nikon D3X
    • Olympus E3
    • Sony A700

4GB Extreme III got them for $70 @ CP
    with (Vector Magnetics Pte Ltd)sticker paste on it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123