Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best walkabout lens...

Default Re: Best walkabout lens...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    try riceball. it is in Adelphi, opposite funan
    attend outing, one of the best way to learn.

I believe there is zoo outing this sun.

Quote Originally Posted by elmzarcega View Post
    to TS:

still noob here bro... currently using Sigma 18-200mm and im happy with it.. it covers from wide zoom to tele zoom...works well in good lighting condition...but given a "not so good" lighting condition i have my cheapo $250 flash and $120 50mm f/1.8 (very fast and sharp lens)...
    I'm attracted to the Sigma 18-200mm too!! Can anyone concur that its a decent lens to use?

As for the 50mm lens, does it mean it cant zoom?? So good for portraits?

I sold the sigma 18-200 less than 1 mth after i got it. heh. I was totally new to photography too back when I bought it. I very quickly learnt that I didn't need that kind of superzoom convenience. I rather have image quality and fast performance.

I heard there might be an Optical Stabiliser (OS) variant coming out. Maybe you might want to wait for that if you're intent on getting the sigma.

Yeah... good lighting. Almost all lenses perform better under good lighting. So low-light performance should be something more important to consider.

Yes, the 50mm is what is called a "prime lens". they are generally sharper and render much better bokeh compared to your zooms, amongst other characteristics.
    Last edited by Yatlapball; 21st April 2007 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    I sold the sigma 18-200 less than 1 mth after i got it. heh. I was totally new to photography too back when I bought it. I very quickly learnt that I didn't need that kind of superzoom convenience. I rather have image quality and fast performance.

I heard there might be an Optical Stabiliser (OS) variant coming out. Maybe you might want to wait for that if you're intent on getting the sigma.

Yeah... good lighting. Almost all lenses perform better under good lighting. So low-light performance should be something more important to consider.

Yes, the 50mm is what is called a "prime lens". they are generally sharper and render much better bokeh compared to your zooms, amongst other characteristics.

Thanks for sharing bro.... really learning lots from this thread...

May I ask, how to tell if the lens has better low-light performance?

What is bokeh? heard it being mentioned a few times liao... :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12