Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virginia Tech student's shooting rampage killed 33 people

Default Re: Virginia Tech student's shooting rampage killed 33 people

the kid apparently bought the gun legally... unfortunate that he was in a country where citizens have the freedom to purchase firearms.

Gun laws work.

Unfortunately some quarters insist on "freedom of expression".

Take away "burden of responsibility",

And you get tragedy.

Angry Re: Virginia Tech student's shooting rampage killed 33 people

I initially thought its racial discrimination but when I read the plays that he created... I sense something is wrong with him..

http://news.aol.com/virginia-tech-sh...17134109990001
    http://news.aol.com/virginia-tech-sh...17141309990001

i pity the old teacher trying to do the heroic thing...

was reading thru the list of victims... there are international students from egypt, indonesia and india...

imagine flying so far to study doctorate and get shot...
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Heroic acts
    Liviu Librescu
    held the door of his classroom shut while Cho was attempting to enter it; although he was shot through the door, he was able to prevent the gunman from entering the classroom until his students had escaped through the windows. A number of Librescu's students have called him a hero because of his actions, with one student, Asael Arad, saying that all the professor's students "lived because of him". Librescu's son, Joe, said he had received e-mails from several students who said he had saved their lives and regarded him as a hero whilst many newspapers also reported him as the hero of the massacre.

Kevin Granata went down to second floor from his third floor office of Norris Hall, where the second round of shootings in the massacre took place. It was reported by witnesses to investigators that Dr. Granata, inside either an office or a classroom with other people, heard a commotion and went into the hallway to see if he could help.

Partahi Lumbantoruan attempted to block the door from Cho's attack and gave way to the fellow students to save themselves, but was killed as a result.

Zach Petkewicz and two other classmates (fourth-year students) in another classroom - shoved a long table against the door and held it there - helping save 11 students from the massacre

I read one of his plays online that was posted. His play is very scary and it is a mind of someone that must help.

Just read his play.

Actually quite good. His writings remind me of Stephen King novels. Very edgy.

What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    Just read his play.

Actually quite good. His writings remind me of Stephen King novels. Very edgy.

What a waste.

I am loooking for his other play which they said that it is online. May want to check it out.

What do you expect:
    - killing war computer games
    - Hollywood killing themes
    - copycat of American gangs

Makes me wonder if the Universities allowed lecturers and campus police to carry firearms, require them to go for training on shooting weapons so that in any case of school shooting, the lecturer (usually the first person on scene) would be able to respond adequately - shoot to maim/kill to take down the assailant ASAP to prevent more lives lost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12