Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i want to learn!

Default Re: i want to learn!

wahh,first of all thanks so much for the warm warm wlcm by cs to newbies like me. really appreciate it alot..i'm looking thru the threads,links n writing down the books u all haf taken the pains to type for us newbies...ok,nw feel like i'm writin a thankyou speech haha..thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazegal View Post
    wahh,first of all thanks so much for the warm warm wlcm by cs to newbies like me. really appreciate it alot..i'm looking thru the threads,links n writing down the books u all haf taken the pains to type for us newbies...ok,nw feel like i'm writin a thankyou speech haha..thanks!!
    welcome to CS.

i haf a qn~ it seemed that ppl haf been giving me advice that i shud get a dslr in order to widen my knowledge in photography..while i agree that it is true, hweva i am nt planning to get until at least the end of the year..in the mids of finding a fulltime job so i could haf the dough to get 1..until then, besides reading up n playing ard wif my a710is, hw else do i further improve my techniques? Thanks amillioN~

Have you signed up with the Young & Newbie thread? We organise outings and all learn together!
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

i haf a qn~ it seemed that ppl haf been giving me advice that i shud get a dslr in order to widen my knowledge in photography..while i agree that it is true, hweva i am nt planning to get until at least the end of the year..in the mids of finding a fulltime job so i could haf the dough to get 1..until then, besides reading up n playing ard wif my a710is, hw else do i further improve my techniques? Thanks amillioN~
    Practice makes perfect

Maybe u can shoot more by joining outings or start yr own APAD thread ( A picture a day), post up some pics n get C&C from fellow forumers to help u improve.

Be it a PnS or DSLR, is a tool to help u capture what u see, make the best out of the tool n dun let it limit u.
    Last edited by Taurean; 21st April 2007 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    I got mine free from the subscription of PHOTOVIDEOi
    any link?
    PM me if U Want Asst Wedding Photographer
    http://totoro17.multiply.com http://chinhaven.tripod.com

Deregistered

The choice is up to you (and your pocket).

A prosumer camera (like your A710IS) or a PnS can do wonders too, if you think/see creatively, and master the camera. There are some members here who can produce great stuff on their non-DSLRs. It is the person, not the camera, please.

As some have put it, there are good outings and groups to join. A little self-plug here -
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=274099
    I think someone else also started something similar recently, but I haven't been following the going-ons.

As for what a non-DSLR can do the following are taken with a Coolpix4500 (albeit ages ago...) -

since you already have a camera, use it and learn its capability and limitations.

next, get yourself familar w terms of shutter speed, aperture and ISO. how these combination affect the amount of light to that comes into the camera.

i could tell u...but i figure if you bother to go to the library there are TONS of books w illustrations about it and they explain much better that i can do .

after knowing the basic technicals of photography...just go out and shoot TONS of photo. shoot everyday. each time before you shoot, have an idea how you want the image to look like. them adjust you cam to get the picture. do it until what your photo looks like how you envision it to be. if not, try different settings until you get it. this is what it means(at least to me) to 'play w your camera and know you camera'. not that kind that you just sit at home and keep shooting the same thing w different setting all the time.

also, go bookshop, library or even newspaper, look at the photos you like and ask yourself how did they get the kind of light or photo...and if your answer always comes to to limitation of you cam then you upgrade.

for now, i think prosumer or compact is very capable and can do a lot more than what you think,

last but not least....enjoy e the journey....it makes your victory sweeter!
    Last edited by surge; 22nd April 2007 at 08:15 AM.

where's the newbie thread again? i figured its high time i go out for outings

Andy, is the young and newbie thread the one in which Azure started it..the link above? if it is,i've pmed her already

Red face Re: i want to learn!

Haha, 2 things.

Azure is a guy.

The thread for the young & newbie is at http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=3003993
    If you have read carefully, I have already mentioned it at post #15.

Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12