Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Compact Camera Comparison

  1. #21

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap View Post
    Now, this is really evil...
    How can you say this kind of thing? TS don't listen to him... Stretch a bit more can get a XL2 video cam... can take video and then extract high quality still...
    I didn't know you were into videocams!

    I SEE YOUR EVIL PLOT AND EXPOSE YOU!

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,218

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    I carry Vistaquest. Best portability in the world, I swear!
    Very good camera too... don't believe can visit night86mare's "poison" a photo a day thread...

  3. #23

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    F31fd would be great for natural light shots in museums,cafe or castles interiors. Since F31fd only cost $499, use the balance for a photobank. You are all set now.
    Last edited by cpuer; 18th April 2007 at 12:13 PM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    No need photobank lah. Juz get lots of SD card. (By the way, your batt. will always fails you before your memory does)
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by cpuer View Post
    F31fd would be great for natural light shots in museums,cafee or castles interiors. Since F31fd only cost $499, use the balance for a photobank. You are all set now.
    actually I think a wide lens suit interior shoot much better.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    actually I think a wide lens suit interior shoot much better.
    In that case have to wait for F50fd liao

  7. #27

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    A Lumix LX1 served me quite well on my last trip. Compact to carry; small, quiet, and discreet for street photography. Nice, wide angle for landscapes. Plus, you can shoot RAW.

    I know the LX2 gives you 10 megapixels, but I find that a little too noisy. 8 is enough if you don't intend to print big.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap View Post
    F31fd, highly recommended!
    I own a DSLR and a F31fd. No prize for guessing which one I carry around with me ALL the time.
    I also own D40, D80 and Fuji Z5, I carry Z5 with me most of the time, but which one will you bring when you go for Europe trip? Which one will you use when you are taking photo of your friend's wedding? The answer is obvious.

    When I was taking photo for my friend's wedding, I use D80 as main cam and Fuji F20 as backup (I owned F20 first, found it too big, sold off and bought the Z5), there is world of difference in quality between P&S and DSLR. When you first look at the picture from P&S, you like it, but when you compare the result with DSLR, you will know the difference. There are people who say that F31fd picture is as good as DSLR, I leave it to each and individual to decide, to me, there is a big gap difference.

    When I want convenient, I use P&S, but when I want good photos, I use DSLR. The decision is up to individual, that is why DSLR and P&S are all selling well.
    Last edited by poh6702; 18th April 2007 at 06:44 PM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    when in doubt buy both
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,218

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by poh6702 View Post
    I also own D40, D80 and Fuji Z5, I carry Z5 with me most of the time, but which one will you bring when you go for Europe trip? Which one will you use when you are taking photo of your friend's wedding? The answer is obvious.

    When I was taking photo for my friend's wedding, I use D80 as main cam and Fuji F20 as backup (I owned F20 first, found it too big, sold off and bought the Z5), there is world of difference in quality between P&S and DSLR. When you first look at the picture from P&S, you like it, but when you compare the result with DSLR, you will know the difference. There are people who say that F31fd picture is as good as DSLR, I leave it to each and individual to decide, to me, there is a big gap difference.

    When I want convenient, I use P&S, but when I want good photos, I use DSLR. The decision is up to individual, that is why DSLR and P&S are all selling well.
    I am not against DSLR... In fact, I love my S2Pro...

    The fact is that the TS wanted a compact camera. I said that I carry the F31fd with me ALL the time does not mean that I have no use for the S2Pro... It just mean that F31fd is very convenient... Hope this clears the air for you.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap View Post
    I am not against DSLR... In fact, I love my S2Pro...

    The fact is that the TS wanted a compact camera. I said that I carry the F31fd with me ALL the time does not mean that I have no use for the S2Pro... It just mean that F31fd is very convenient... Hope this clears the air for you.
    This is a discussion forum, we learn and we contribute, no problem man. Just hope to give him another option to look at, off course, by giving too many options, may even cause confusions.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Come on guys, as said in the title, TS is looking for Compact Camera Comparison.
    Can we please drop the topic of 'dslr' here and give more advise on Compact Camera COMPARISON?
    Let not try to confuse the TS further with input like why you want compact cam over dslr, or why you have compact cam and dslr..... etc. etc.....

  13. #33

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by i120D View Post
    Come on guys, as said in the title, TS is looking for Compact Camera Comparison.
    Can we please drop the topic of 'dslr' here and give more advise on Compact Camera COMPARISON?
    Let not try to confuse the TS further with input like why you want compact cam over dslr, or why you have compact cam and dslr..... etc. etc.....
    I think a lot of people start getting dazzled by the fact that D40 is small, so it must be a hybrid.

    Compact DSLR!

  14. #34

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by i120D View Post
    Come on guys, as said in the title, TS is looking for Compact Camera Comparison.
    Can we please drop the topic of 'dslr' here and give more advise on Compact Camera COMPARISON?
    Let not try to confuse the TS further with input like why you want compact cam over dslr, or why you have compact cam and dslr..... etc. etc.....
    What is your definition of compact camera? Compact == P&S?

    Do you consider Fuji S9600 as P&S or compact?

    Isn't D40 with kit lens compact? I like the new term compact DSLR

    The thread starter is having budget of $800 and looking for compact camera. Must it be limited to P&S?

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by avengals View Post
    Hi,


    I will be visiting Europe in two months time and I hope to take very nice landscape pictures for memories.

    I'm intending to buy a new company camera.
    However, I cannot decide which camera to buy.

    Can anybody suggest me a very cool camera?

    I have read reviews from Cnet.

    So far most of the recommendations is Canon Ixus 850.
    But what I dun quite fancy is the control buttons at the back of the camera.

    But these few days there are a lot of advertisement about this new Canon Ixus 70 and 75.
    The price of these two are cheaper than the current selling price of Ixus 850.

    But ixus 70 and 75 is of newer models. So does that mean Ixus 70 and 75 is of poorer quality than 850 since they're cheaper?

    So far I only compare between Canon and Casio.

    And also, I dunno how many pixels to get in order to have very sharp resolution of photos.

    Can anybody give me some ideas and recommendation for a good compact camera?

    My budget is less than $800.

    Appreciate your kind advice

    Thanks
    i recommend u Fuji Finepix F31, F30 or F20 (either one). Reason is becos of the super ccd which enables u to capture very good shots at night and indoor without a tripod.

    here's some sample shots of my F20 camie







    Last edited by raincool2005; 19th April 2007 at 02:02 PM.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    raincool, great photo, I like the 3rd !!!
    thanks for sharing the POWER!!!

  17. #37

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Hi all,

    I'm new to this forum. I'm also looking for a new digicam and read some of the threads here where fujifilm f31fd seem a very popular choice. I read the review at dpreview but found that it doesn't meet my requirements in the following:-
    1) Noisy focus, macro focus can be very slow (low light focus also slower)
    2) 3-shot limit in continuous mode - and slow too
    3) bulkier frame (looks bulky, i haven't seen it in real life yet)

    I'm a simple user, more of P&S but will tend to take outdoor scenes (such as landscape, sky etc), moving objects (people running) and macro shots (of food etc.). Also, compact is key.

    My current digicam is a canon S40 which i find too bulky & heavy for lugging around in my handbag.

    Based on my simple needs, do you think f31fd is still suitable for me ?
    Or any other recommendations ?
    my budget is hopefully below $500.

    Was also looking at the following:-
    1. canon ixus 850is
    2. canon ixus 75
    3. sony t100


    Would appreciate any advices/recommendations.

    Thanks in advance!


    rgds,
    kj

  18. #38

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    The fuji f30 and f31fd are indeed lovely camera, but why not check out its latest sibling in f40.
    And strangely there seems to be no mention of any Sony Cybershots.....are they that bad???
    I find the Sony that my wife uses tyrns out pretty decent shots too, though that just me.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Yes, cybershots are rock band. Noisy.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    卧龙岗
    Posts
    2,736

    Default Re: Compact Camera Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by kickjazz View Post
    Based on my simple needs, do you think f31fd is still suitable for me ?
    Or any other recommendations ?
    my budget is hopefully below $500.

    Was also looking at the following:-
    1. canon ixus 850is
    2. canon ixus 75
    3. sony t100
    your budget of $500 will burst from Ixus 850IS and T100.. even the Ixus 75 might burst your budget slightly..

    i am not sure what is your definition of 'compact'.. yes the f31fd is smaller than your s40.. but its nowhere as small as those 3 that you had stated. (ok, the 850IS is close but still thinner slightly)

    functionality, price and size are your concern, maybe you want to consider ease of use too? since you are a canon user, you might find an Ixus easier to use than say, a Sony?

    and 1 thing also, the 3" LCD on the Ixus 75 and Sony T100 is v.attractive indeed..
    just my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •