Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: more people moving into the photography businesses

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default more people moving into the photography businesses

    As digital single-lens-reflex cameras have become more affordable, more people are starting photography businesses.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/15/bu...700&ei=5087%0A
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

  2. #2

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    its normal, but as many will also drop out of the business too.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mostly SF, Sometimes SGP
    Posts
    424

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Fascinating read. Thanks for sharing

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Same old story for me I guess but interesting read no doubt. 5 years ago, no one knew what graphic design was. Now 'everybody' is a graphic designer. Its survival of the fittest.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    the bubble will burst one day
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    the bubble will burst one day
    every man can hold a camera but only some man graph a photo...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #7

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    every man can hold a camera but only some man graph a photo...
    Wah cheem...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    every man can hold a camera but only some man graph a photo...
    but the problem is not all customers know that!

    many customers just want cheap photography or even free.... as long as got pictures can liao ... just look at the pictures on corporate magazines / newsletters ...

  9. #9
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    the bubble will burst one day.... hahaha..

    afterall..... everybody also want to be boss. thats why.

  10. #10
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Same old story for me I guess but interesting read no doubt. 5 years ago, no one knew what graphic design was. Now 'everybody' is a graphic designer. Its survival of the fittest.
    not graphic designer... almost everyone is a "Designer" no more graphic liao.. they think they learn photoshop is enough to own the whole world already...

    its fascinating how these "designers" think nowadays.... any ah tom and ah lian who knows photoshop can now be declared as designer already..

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    not graphic designer... almost everyone is a "Designer" no more graphic liao.. they think they learn photoshop is enough to own the whole world already...

    its fascinating how these "designers" think nowadays.... any ah tom and ah lian who knows photoshop can now be declared as designer already..
    actually, we have seen many photographer photos not really nice but they still survive. didn't make it big but can survive.

    same as hawkers, many are chef / cook, but food sux, they still manage to survive just how many of us have eaten lousy food and have seen stalls that are there for many years?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    but the problem is not all customers know that!

    many customers just want cheap photography or even free.... as long as got pictures can liao ... just look at the pictures on corporate magazines / newsletters ...
    well...

    Every man try to grasp on moments, but most grope at the sight of it.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post

    same as hawkers, many are chef / cook, but food sux, they still manage to survive just how many of us have eaten lousy food and have seen stalls that are there for many years?
    haha good point
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

  14. #14
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    Cannot compare to food business because avg man eat 3 meals per day and the hawker can still possibly survive in hit and run model if the human traffic is high.......but for photoshooting.....probably it's win all or loose all situation.....so eventually it's lose lose for all if all undercuting each other

  15. #15

    Default Re: more people moving into the photography businesses

    The more photographers are there, the more the Pros shine... haha.
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •