Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: A710IS or F31fd

  1. #21

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd

    Hi nystalia,

    As u mentioned A710 has image stabilizer... does that means fujif31fd does not have?
    I am actually deciding between ixus850 and fujif31fd

  2. #22

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd

    Quote Originally Posted by seanray View Post
    Hi nystalia,

    As u mentioned A710 has image stabilizer... does that means fujif31fd does not have?
    I am actually deciding between ixus850 and fujif31fd
    f31d has picture stabiliser...but i think it only means bumping up higher iso values....not the real image stabiliser that the A710 and Panasonic cams have.

    i am kinda deciding btw f31d, Ixus 850is and A570 IS/A710 IS

    btw, wat's the diff btw A570 IS and A710IS except for the optical zoom?

  3. #23

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    f31d has picture stabiliser...but i think it only means bumping up higher iso values....not the real image stabiliser that the A710 and Panasonic cams have.

    i am kinda deciding btw f31d, Ixus 850is and A570 IS/A710 IS

    btw, wat's the diff btw A570 IS and A710IS except for the optical zoom?
    A570IS - DigicIII but still find DigicII have better detail due to lesser noise reduction.
    A710IS - are suitable for previous powershot users - Made in Japan too

  4. #24

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirax View Post
    A570IS - DigicIII but still find DigicII have better detail due to lesser noise reduction.
    A710IS - are suitable for previous powershot users - Made in Japan too
    u mean a710 is dific II?

  5. #25

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd or DMC-TZ3

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    u mean a710 is dific II?
    A570IS - DigicIII - up to ISO1600 - face detection
    A710IS - DigicII - up to ISO800 - 6x optical
    Both have good day shoot with little color fringing and AA batt too.

    F31fd - Excellent night shot - for indoor and night shoot best.
    Pan DMC-TZ3 - up to usable ISO1250 - 10x optical - 28mm - Good day shoot with little color fringing

  6. #26

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd or DMC-TZ3

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirax View Post
    A570IS - DigicIII - up to ISO1600 - face detection
    A710IS - DigicII - up to ISO800 - 6x optical
    Both have good day shoot with little color fringing and AA batt too.

    F31fd - Excellent night shot - for indoor and night shoot best.
    Pan DMC-TZ3 - up to usable ISO1250 - 10x optical - 28mm - Good day shoot with little color fringing
    seems to be like A570IS has got better bang for buck.

    the only major thing i think it lacks compared to the A71io is the 4x zoom vs 6x zoom

  7. #27

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd or DMC-TZ3

    Go for the F31fd@$499

  8. #28

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd or DMC-TZ3

    ex leh...and no full manual too..

    a570 gg for abt $369 onli

  9. #29

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd

    Personally I would prefer f31fd. LOng battery life. AA batteries are too exhaustive. U can check out the promotion at MS colour @ 499 with 2 pc of 1gb xd card, extra battery n other freebies.

  10. #30

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd

    is the shutter and aperture priority for f31d as gd as that of canon powershot?

  11. #31

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd

    If I were to choose a Canon, I would get the S- or the G-series rather than the entry level plastic body A-series of Canon.

  12. #32

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd

    Quote Originally Posted by seanray View Post
    Hi nystalia,

    I am actually deciding between ixus850 and fujif31fd
    Read these pages for comparisions between ixus 850 and f31.

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuji...1fd/page11.asp
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuji...1fd/page12.asp
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuji...1fd/page13.asp
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuji...1fd/page14.asp

  13. #33

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidforce View Post
    Just to confuse you a little, i'll give you some reasons why i luv my 710! btw, i choose it over the F30 (that time F31fd not out yet)

    - fully manual controls: for that oh-so-special effect when the situation presents itself
    - SD card: cheaper (hell of a lot), more available and much more compatability
    - Colors: just as nice (found out after i took out my pics )
    - IS: useful when i haven't got my morning smoke and coffee


    only downside i got was the inferior of night shot capability, but the IS with ISO 800 kinda makes up a bit...

    likewise for me, i was choosing over A570IS though over F31fd... check out my thread on low light/ night shot capability.. mine is based on Digic III technology, with aperture F2.6 - F8.0

  14. #34

    Default Re: A710IS or F31fd or DMC-TZ3

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    seems to be like A570IS has got better bang for buck.

    the only major thing i think it lacks compared to the A71io is the 4x zoom vs 6x zoom
    i bought my A570IS at $380 from mscolor before gst hike...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •