hey, i'm sort of a noob to dslr cameras but ive played w prosumer cameras on and off much. i'm interested in purchasing a 2nd hand digital camera and i've shortlisted two cameras - the canon 350d and the digital rebel xt (i suppose they are almost the same thing right?). so i have a few questions:
1. is it wise to purchase these cameras if i'm looking to step up to dslr level, considering that they have been on the market for at least 2 years already? are they considered old cameras?
2. what is an acceptable price range for these two cameras in the 2nd hand market?
3. what should i look out for when purchasing 2nd hand? buying tips and warnings?
4. are there any other 2nd hand or 1st hand cameras i can consider purchasing instead of these two that is below $1000?
5. what distinguishes a canon from say, a nikon?
6. and finally, anyone have any idea how much the nikon d40x will be retailing and if it is a good camera?
thanks, and sorry for the many questions!