Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: use blower on sensor?

Default Re: use blower on sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    actually alot of things dun spoil the sensor... just depends on how kiasu u are.

i would use a cotton bud with glass cleaning solution on it (alcohol) but that's me.

and.. i have a 2hp air compressor that can blow a mean blow.. but i haven't tried that on the sensor yet.
    don't try this if you don't have a water trap installed. Compressed air will make water vapour condense on your sensor (AA fiter) and every other thing it blows on.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by ryosae View Post
    Eh.. where can i find compressed air?
    i cant find it anywhere..
    or maybe i havent bene looking hard enough.
    la la la la
    most hobby shops will sell, compressors or compressed air in cans are also available.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Blog Entries

once in a while, everyone needs a good one

I tried using cotton buds with alcohol but seems to leave a stain on the sensor. In the end, I just use the plain cotton buds and clean away. Had a hard time cleaning. The dust seems very stubborn, difficult to remove and keep moving to different positions .... And though the blotch seems major, I can't see any dust speck on the sensor. Just gotta based in on guesswork and from where the dust appear on the taken shot.

But I was rather "suay". I didn't know the blotch on my sensor until 5 mths later after using the cam, and it's brand new. It only appeared when I took night shots using small apertures. And I thought it was a stain on my UV filter ... Now I browse through my previous pics taken 5 mths ago and indeed, could faintly see the blotch on some pictures ...

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel_006 View Post
    I tried using cotton buds with alcohol but seems to leave a stain on the sensor. In the end, I just use the plain cotton buds and clean away. Had a hard time cleaning. The dust seems very stubborn, difficult to remove and keep moving to different positions .... And though the blotch seems major, I can't see any dust speck on the sensor. Just gotta based in on guesswork and from where the dust appear on the taken shot.

But I was rather "suay". I didn't know the blotch on my sensor until 5 mths later after using the cam, and it's brand new. It only appeared when I took night shots using small apertures. And I thought it was a stain on my UV filter ... Now I browse through my previous pics taken 5 mths ago and indeed, could faintly see the blotch on some pictures ...

can't see your image. but i suggest you bring it to your manufacturer service centre or private ones for help.

if i remember correctly, the image/sensor is inverted right? that is to say if the dust speck is at the bottom right corner of the pic, on the sensor it is top right?

need to know where to clean. =)

Quote Originally Posted by skopio View Post
    if i remember correctly, the image/sensor is inverted right? that is to say if the dust speck is at the bottom right corner of the pic, on the sensor it is top right?

need to know where to clean. =)
    No wonder. That does seem to be correct, now that I vaguely remember my secondary/ JC physics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12