Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is good abt Sony Alpha camera?

Default Re: What is good abt Sony Alpha camera?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    I have used my friend camera and notice the photos taken are not as sharp as fuji s3pro... anyone used song alpha cam?comments pls
    post your pictures here so that we can see what you're talking about.
    Many are culled, few are chosen

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Happy View Post
    post your pictures here so that we can see what you're talking about.
    And don't forget to specify what lens was used.

Also, please note that an brand new A100 with an 85mm G lens will still be much cheaper than a D2X.

compare orange to apples, of course get bananas la. hope TheRock can substantial his argument with more detail, otherwise it holds as much water as a fishing net.
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r View Post
    compare orange to apples, of course get bananas la. hope TheRock can substantial his argument with more detail, otherwise it holds as much water as a fishing net.
    20 minutes later, you see a thread asking:

What's so good about D2H? What's so good about 30D? What's so good about Mark II?

And he compares it to medium format camera because their details cannot match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Not sharp?

This was taken at 200mm (300mm equivalent), hand-held.

Wow
    #Captured Moments# @ Flickr
    D80|18-135mm|70-300mmVR|SB-800

I have used my friend camera and notice the photos taken are not as sharp as fuji s3pro... anyone used song alpha cam?comments pls
    Funny???
    DPReview stated that Alpha 100 show even more resolution detail than D200.
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra100/page29.asp
    We were a little surprised to see the Alpha DSLR-A100 beating the Nikon D200 on our resolution charts, but that's how things played out. The A100 delivered slightly more absolute horizontal and vertical resolution than the D200 and continued detail much further (the 'extinction resolution'). Here also we're seeing more of an advantage from ten megapixels over the eight megapixels of the Canon EOS 30D, however these numbers mean fractional improvements and as we have already seen don't always equate to a visibly more detailed 'real life' image.
    and even compare to other 10Mpixels DSLR, Alpha 100 has the Extinction resolution among all.
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/page28.asp

May be because D2X has even higher 12Mpixel resolution?
    May be can post more detail and see?
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by eagletay View Post
    Take a look @ roadshow in Vivo. Cannot comment much about photo....except the focusing speeds really slow...CMI
    It focusing speed still faster than my KM5D though
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

I not sure about sony alpha sharpness or clarity...but whatever i snapped really good quality pictures...compared to the rest of the DSLR...i just feel that this is the camera i wanted... anyway really it's the fact how well you compose your pictures and capture the essence of the moment...just my personal views...
    Sony A700 - Sony A6300

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    That is not a valid comparison, please.

You might as well compare D2X with my Canon A540 and say that Canon A540 sucks bigtime because cannot see image and all that.

If you ask me, you seem to be more interested in stirring up some Sony pride trouble more than anything else.

Have you looked at the cost of D2X? Have you looked at the cost of A100?

Some review sites out there have even explicitly stated that A100's image quality is one of the best out there, so I have no idea what you're trying to get it, because:

Well, you aren't an official reviewer, and I would put my cents into an official review site more than you. In fact, just looking at your thread title suggests that you aren't very diplomatic in the first place. And now name-dropping other cameras names, and of all things, a DSLR in a totally different class more or less confirms it for me, so I thought I'll speak up now.

In any case, one shouldn't read too much into how superior a camera is, etc. Knowing your camera, and being comfortable with it, and most importantly of all, USING IT TO MAKE PHOTOS, is far more important unless you are in the professional business. Which I don't think you are in, not to be sarcastic or anything. I base it on the comments and display of knowledge you have shown so far!
    Wow , this is a very good response .

Yea the focus speed very slow... also the pic not fine enuff to see some photos image like hair strands unlike Nikkon D2X....
    ... u are comparing sony first dslr with nikon top of the line camera... of course cannot fight....what if i wage a bet with u ? u be using yr holy d2x plus kit lens i be using alpha 100 kit lens for long exposure shoot. u wanna try?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

its the photo that shows how good the photographer is.
    its also how well know you your cam and how to know full use of it. i am very happy with my KM 7D. i can change ANYTHING within my thumb's reach. everything is there for me. i am pretty sure holy d2x cant do the same right? must go menu, press here press there, choose ur focus point. cows come home already.

wow....i can feel the heat already....

TheRock... just my 2 cents worth...no camera is perfect...if u find a camera that you can live with its weakness and able to go around it, u will be producing perfect pictures still. as for me, i will still stand for my new sony alpha... at least it still amaze me more than my minolta z3...

hehe
    G

after reading comments here , i think i will have to move around looking for more comparism before deciding on alpha . afterall , i actually had my mind set on alpha but when i did some hands on , i really find that focus speed is ... somehow slower than expected , could be the standard lens as stated here . going to check it out with other lens when i am free .

Yup, go have some hands-on on different cameras & see which is most comfy to your hands. BTW, is AF speed very crucial to you? You shoot a lot of fast action stuff? For me, I find that my KM or Alpha will be able to satisfy my needs.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

The in-built anti-shake helps u to save money on lenses, no need to buy costy lenses with image stablizer (I.S), a simple tamron, sigma or even kit lens will do.

Why no one commended on the dynamic range of the Alpha?

I have tested one and must say that I was impressed and the dynamic range is better that what I expected!

As for it's other functions & performance, all I'll say is that it a jolly good attempt by Sony for it's 1st dSLR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12